Improved a little, new time 12.47

That thing must be hooking really well. Not much mph for a 12.29

What kind of 60ft n 330 are you laying down?

Rich

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

On this run off the transbrake 6psi and not shifting out of 2nd until almost 6k

60' 1.777
330 5.017
7.8 1/8
86.52 1/8 mph
10.2 1000'
12.29 1/4
109.07 mph

Is it shifting into overdrive? 1/8 looks good but it isn't gaining as much as it needs to in the second half. You might be able to launch with a big more boost too. Get that 60 into the low 1.6s.
That's a lot of rpm before the shift into second. Do you feel it run out of steam before it shifts?

No it doesn't shift into OD. Oh yea, it ran out of steam from 2nd to 3rd but the shifter cable broke and I had to think fast and turn the steering column. Guess I didn't think fast enough though. This had potential to be a really nice run until the mishap.

What do you think about a Mickey Thompson part number mtt3755R on the rear 8" rim

That's a pretty big tire and might fit better on a 10 inch wheel though I'm sure others run em on an 8 inch.
They say they are bias ply . Not sure how much street driving you plan to do. A drag radial might be a better choice, but that is your call.
It will definitely fill the wheel well. You might have to roll the lip to prevent rubbing and I would think they might rub the frame when cornering if run at low pressures.
I've not run anything bigger than a m/t 28x9 slick and that is just at the track. I do run a 255/60-15 on the street and have run a 265/50-15 on a stock 15x7 on the rear. I do run a 215/75-15 on the front. Tall for max roll out.

Rich

That is a good tire. I run a275 40 17 nto5r, it is also a damn good street tire and hooks great with bagged rears. You think you need that much tire? 275 50 would be my choice.

Right now I have a 255-60-15 Mickey Thompson on the back and it works pretty well I guess.

My cable didn't break it just fell off of the shifter. When I put it in park sometimes I have to turn the column to get the key out. I put a washer on the little stud the cable hooks to and ran a piece of wire through the hole so the cable wont fall off again. It seems to work great, it really tightened up the shifter. Now when I put it in park the key comes right out.

I have to look at my log and see what RPM's I'm going through the lights at before I decide on a 28" tire.

If your goal is 11s.. 255 60 15 mickeys are 27in and will get you there. They should get you 1.5-1.6x sixty foots with more practice/playing with air pressure.

Sent from my e1908_v77_jbl1_9p017_6628 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Yep. So hopefully that saves you $400-500 by not replacing tires. Keep working at it you'll get 11s.

Sent from my e1908_v77_jbl1_9p017_6628 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Oh yea, I was thinking the same thing. I don't think it spun the tires when I left at like 6psi and 1.77 60'. I tried leaving at 10ish pounds and just lit them up. Going to try dropping the pressure to 20lbs and leaving a little harder. I know I'm going to lean on it till something breaks...

Drop the pressure to 16 to 18. Do you have an air bag? I have had 60's in the high 1.4's to low 1.5's with all stock suspension, air bag, and 255's and 275/60's in low 11 to high 10 sec cars. At that boost you should be running mid 11's@114. Where is your AFR and timing?

And forget the transbrake, foot brake it. With a stock suspension, the transbrake makes the radials bounce and unload.