Ignition Module?

The Type II tests for spark on the coil simulator up to 8000 RPM, but the spark output is less than the stock Delco coil system. I personally wouldn't use a Type II system on my car. They are probably OK for bone stock cars, but definitely not intended for performance as evidenced by the reduced spark energy.

For what it's worth, if you need to have a replacement on hand, don't use anything but an original DELCO unit. Aftermarket ignition modules exhibit problems in high output, tach signal, cam and crank voltage levels, and so on. The Caspers LED cam cap will likely not function properly on aftermarket replacement ignition modules.

That said, GOOD LUCK finding an OEM module anymore. If you're determined, you will find it.
Wouldn't this work?
http://www.nos4gn.com/servlet/the-879/Buick-Grand-National-ignition/Detail

The Type II tests for spark on the coil simulator up to 8000 RPM, but the spark output is less than the stock Delco coil system. I personally wouldn't use a Type II system on my car. They are probably OK for bone stock cars, but definitely not intended for performance as evidenced by the reduced spark energy.

For what it's worth, if you need to have a replacement on hand, don't use anything but an original DELCO unit. Aftermarket ignition modules exhibit problems in high output, tach signal, cam and crank voltage levels, and so on. The Caspers LED cam cap will likely not function properly on aftermarket replacement ignition modules.

That said, GOOD LUCK finding an OEM module anymore. If you're determined, you will find it.

All the AC Delco units I have seen say" Made in China" are they better than the Standard Ingnition brand that are made in the USA?

The best ones are the original Delco with the black powder coating. Regardless if its ac delco now, just because they are "new" doesn't mean they work as they should. I've seen new ones skip out anywhere from idle to wide open on the caspers tester, and I've also seen some that work.

Bob's tr-6 is the only ignition module that will be used on my car.

I haven't tested the latest version of the CCCI module, so I can't say if it's electrically equivalent to the original OEM style module. A few factors need to be addressed: Output current limiting, TACH signal integrity, CAM and CRANK sensor feeds and input voltages are among the most important.

Once I get one of the new modules, I'll give it the college try.

Alright, who wants to go for a ride? I take my car well into 6000 rpm's with a type 2 and its far from stock. :D

Yum

Attachments

• image-3570419000.jpg
    image-3570419000.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 85