If You Missed My New Black Leather Interior

OK John, the obvious question: It looks like your back seat kinda matches the cool front seats. Did you find it at a yard or have it re-done? If you found it, what kind of car was it in?

Yes, that's a total matching interior from a 60,000 mile 91 Buick Park Avenue Ultra. All power with power recliner. There are 6 pictures there. Hope you clicked them all.

Hey junkyard steering wheel, door panels, dash, shifter boot, brake pedal, power seat button consoles ;)

I didn't click them all the first time :eek: For the record, I AM IMPRESSED! (And looking for a Park Avenue in a junk yard.) :D

dang man, those are nice! So the back seat fits right in huh? Thats too cool, but I can only imagine the chances of finding that car in a yard in that type of condition, I love that interior.

Being that a Park Ave is a 4 door... Do the front seats fold forward SO your rear passengers can get in? THANKS

On the four-door seats, the seats fold to vertical or just past vertical. I don't usually carry back seat passengers but the fact these are from a 4 door does not cause a problem getting in and out of the back seat.

You're not too likely to find a set as nice as this in some pic & pull yard, but in your area, you may have late model used parts houses where you can attempt of find late model seats or interiors. Because you now know that these GM front drive seats work.....that's half the battle.

Is there a two-door that would be on the same frame as the park ave? I was considering going to leather in my monte. I was going to try to get a full set of later model TA/Z28 black leather seats and just try to make the back seat work. If there is a different GM 2 door that has back seats that work, that came in black leather, and had bucket seats in the front I want to know (I love options). I don't want the grampa-car style seats.

Also how much did you pay for the full set? (I'm sure people want an arm-and-leg for TA/Z28 seats)

John, with your old oldmobile 98 setup, did you also have to remove the GN console to make the seats fit?

Originally posted by dpok69
John, with your old oldmobile 98 setup, did you also have to remove the GN console to make the seats fit?

Yes, you must delete the console for most of these interiors. Some of the two door models came with separate front seats and console. If you could get one of those, I'm pretty sure you could retain the TR console. However, those models are few. I don't miss the console because the seats come with an armrest/glovey and the nice thing is you can use the armrest.

Nice Interior, John!

The 86/87 GN interiors are Mickey Mouse chairs by comparison!

What is the very nicest GM 3-spoke steering wheel that can be found for TRs? I'm really weary from protecting/guarding the factory leather wheel, and would like to take it out & stash it away. Non-leather and Black (or the right shade of gray) would be fine!

Yours looks great, and the cap makes it look factory!

:)

Well, actually, I got that wheel out of a Buick. I forget now what model it was. Why don't you just pick up another TR style wheel and then, save yours. I have a few I paint and changeover from time to time if the paint chips. ;)

John-

Any idea if the seats from a '96 Regal will fit? Saw one today with a dark gray leather interior at the junkyard. Supercharger and all. :D

MY GUESS WOULD BE NO, AS FAR AS BEING A BOLT-IN. BUT I'VE NEVER INSPECTED THAT MODEL. JUST GET OUT THE TAPE MEASURE. ;)