I think I've been had.......

whitehot84

I bought a computer on E-bay and payed by PayPal. The guy receives the payment and says "I'm leaving on vacation, will send as soon as I return". Well it's been over a month. No response to my e-mails. I went ahead with a claim to e-bay and PayPal and still no response. It looks like I'm about to become the recipiant of the "sucker of the month" award.
Any suggestions?

Paypal has always got back with me about a claim, just wait a day or two.

I have no experience with PayPal but I can tell you Ebay doesn't give a *#@%. Call the police department where he's from a.s.a.p.

He's from New York. Do you really think the police there give a flying f'''k about someone from Kentucky??

Don't you only have 30 days to file against him ??? sounds like he had it planned :eek:

With Paypal, since they are owned by ebay they should refund your $$. But just in case, I always pay via the credit card on file with Paypal even though it tries to tell you that paying directly from your bank account is better...that way at least I have 2 ways to get payment back...complain to paypal, and call your credit card company and tell them you received nothing and dispute the charge.

Well Yippee!!!!
PayPal has reimbursed my account to the tune of $175.00.
Seems like the guy had only this much in his account. They say they are going to pursue him legally so we'll see what comes of it. Now off to the bank to file a credit card claim.