I think its finally shot!

I would still need a turbo carb and yeah, I`m rebuilding the 231. I was looking at getting the adapter for a FWD 3800 to work on a Buick RWD 350 trans... I sent Dave at tripleedgeperformance.com an email to see what he has to say about it... I can get a 3800 car for $400:eek: I don`t need anything to large, just something good on gas and can still stick a turbo, supercharger or procharger on it and burn rubber:biggrin:

OOO there you go L67 Series 2 3.8
Love it factory Buick powered Chevy. :biggrin:

Exactly and it can still be turbocharged:biggrin: and my friend needs new parts to fix his 94 3.4 Camero, so that`s good for both of us:D That`s one advantage to living in a run-down city, cheap everything:biggrin:

Did you give me your email Jase? If not I need to send you a link about using the series II in a RWD car. I know I sent it to Adam and Aj. It's an adaptor that allows you to hook up any RWD tranny to it but it's kinda expensive. Around $500 if I remeber right.

just a quick question in your 231 did you have a aftermarket cam in it. if you did what brand cam did you have?

just a quick question in your 231 did you have a aftermarket cam in it. if you did what brand cam did you have?

It did when we rebuilt it, but my uncle thought that maybe it was causing the oil pressure to be so low and he took it out and put the stock 78 cam back in... and it didn't make any difference:rolleyes:

Yep, I've got it Jase. I'll send you the link later. It's a great idea if you're willing to do the work.

Cool, just got it... that damn thing cost as-much as a whole 3800 car does:biggrin: I`m waiting to see what this guy wants for that 3800 Camero first, if he don`t get back to me, then I`ll have to try this... I think it would be a sweet idea... a 70`s car with 90`s+ technology:biggrin:

Oh yeah the NEWER 4l series gm trans's the bellhosing's bolt onto the trans. I've seen several at my friends shop. A LATE RWD 4l60/80e will bolt up to a S2/3 3800 with a factory bellhousing. But you HAVE to use those trans's

HMMMMMMM......

I think it would be a sweet idea... a 70`s car with 90`s+ technology

great idea tell us how it works out. if you do it post lots of pic so other can try it themselves. by the way i have a ecm for a tpi system.

great idea tell us how it works out. if you do it post lots of pic so other can try it themselves. by the way i have a ecm for a tpi system.

If I don`t try the 3800, then I might try the TBI... the TPI 350 is missing a lot of little things:( Would a TBI setup off a truck work with the 3.8 N/A I have now? If I can fix it, then I might give that a shot. I would still need the bottom half of a turbo carb to do the turbo or could it work as a blow-thru? My other idea was a 4.3 Vortech from a S10 or something, but idk what kinda trans I would need for that... anyone know?

There after market puters you can use with the throttle body and they run independent of the rest of the system. I don't know how it would work on a blow through because it's designed for a vac engine and not a boosted engine.

It should work with a 3.8 N/A right? I might just rebuild the engine and put a TBI on it and then when I get more cash, ill do turbo. One guy said he had a 350 tbi from a truck and put it in his '92 caprice and got an average of 26mpg:biggrin: so I thought, why not a 3.8 tbi?

anyone ever try a 3.4 from a Camaro? I`m not a huge fan of the 3.4, but its easier to get a hold of than the 3.8 ones. My friend has a 94 Camaro and it seams to some power, but I would still prefer a 3.8 though.