I think its finally shot!

FlintBuick4Life

Today was rough driving the Regal, the carb was going crazy... its sputtering and spitting up gas and the lifters are louder than ever! I had to get on the highway and hit 90mph to keep it from stalling, so I could get home. It sounds like someone hitting drum sticks together! I tried to upload a video of it, but my damn firewall wont let me upload anything... so what the hell do I do now? I will try starting it in the morning and see what happens, but I doubt anything will change. anyone know how I can get passed this F`n firewall? Its starting to piss me off!:mad:

Sounds like you killed the bottom end Jase. I'm sorry to hear it but I think it's time to pull the engine and see what's wrong.

Now I can`t drive it down to the shop to paint it:mad: I talked to Richard Clark and he said to come down in spring and he was going to see if he could find all the things I need to do the SFI, I think I will try that. Because if I`m going to rebuild the engine, then I might as-well go all the way.

I just went for a coupe rounds around the neighborhood(because its so beautiful:rolleyes:) and tried adjusting the carb and no luck... still sputters up gas and knocks like hell:mad:

I just went for a coupe rounds around the neighborhood(because its so beautiful:rolleyes:) and tried adjusting the carb and no luck... still sputters up gas and knocks like hell:mad:

Sounds like the carb is the least of your problems............:(

so is it forsure?

are you going to can the carb motor?

A.j.

Not positive yet, if Rich can`t hook me up with at-least most of the hard to find hot air stuff, then I might still do the carb turbo. I`m just tired of carbs in general... their fun and all, but just not practical.

Not positive yet, if Rich can`t hook me up with at-least most of the hard to find hot air stuff, then I might still do the carb turbo.

well I got piles of HA stuff as well, so let me know if I can help.

with that in mind....

if you do **** can the carb motor...

im looking for an ESC box and dizzy.......

A.j.

well I got piles of HA stuff as well, so let me know if I can help.

with that in mind....

if you do **** can the carb motor...

im looking for an ESC box and dizzy.......

A.j.

I have a long list of HA stuff I need lol. I have my old ESC, as much as I can see it just needs a new resister soldered in and it should work, but who knows.

really? its a core!

oh man!

tell me more!

A.j.

lol:biggrin: well, its got the box and all. I tried to clean it up the best I could, I got most of the glue/cement off it and the chip looks good, just has a resister that is split from weathering. I would post a pic of it, but my firewall is being an ass:mad:

lol:biggrin: well, its got the box and all. I tried to clean it up the best I could, I got most of the clue/cement off it and the chip looks good, just has a resister that is split from weathering. I would post a pic of it, but my firewall is being an ass:mad:

so what do you want for it? i need a non working unit so that I can copy the system.

I can bring moderen ESC to all of us if you can provide that one.

A.j.

oh my goodness! your my hero!

thats it boys! we finally have the key!

its ESC for all of us!

:biggrin:A.j.

Well, I try:biggrin: I`m not trying to turn on the carb guys, I`v been messing with carb cars since I could walk and talk. I have wanted to do this for years. I just want the to do the SFI to keep the Regal a daily driver and also a show car for as-long as I can. I just cant afford 2 cars right now:( I plan on getting another carb turbo Regal down the road tho:biggrin:

if you want to keep the turbo and go to fi do this. i saw it on some guys car and thought it was a good idea. you can't even tell its fi with the air cleaner on.

Attachments

• !BkPm32!!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKkYEsmmLlje4BLWymPW,Mw~~_3.jpg
    !BkPm32!!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKkYEsmmLlje4BLWymPW,Mw~~_3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 138