I need tips, 1st race tomorrow vs srt8 charger!!!---

Stock turbo can run 20+ psi w/alky...I ran ~18 psi without alky and a Eric Marshal 93 octane street chip with little to no knock.

Your signature shows a TTA and a Syclone but you don't know how to launch a Turbo Buick?

Something doesnt jive.....

I am running the stock garrett turbo on the 16.5lbs of boost (stock level)

I've been to 27psi on a stock untouched turbo and intercooler, stock injectors, Razor's alky and a TurboTweak 5.6 chip. It was an accident at first, an addictive habit second, and now I'm finally going to a bigger but still "stock appearing" turbo. I wouldn't even try him until the alky worked and I was running at least 21psi with a TurboTweak chip.

Respectively decline and tell him you will get back to him on the contest. You need to make absolutely sure your alky is spraying and working as it should IF you are pushing high PSI levels or any level above 16 PSI. Take the time to learn, learn, learn! Got a bad feeling on this one should you accept his challenge....

Take heed! The advice here is to wait.

I've seen some low 12 sec cars that would barely crack 14's in the wrong hands and poor tuneup/traction.

Make sure everything is in order... and get the alky kit working......

Then... and only then.... you should be able to lay waste to anything he can dish out with your near stock TTA.... short of him having a big NOS kit on it....

Go in there half cocked... and a but whippin is sure to ensue....

I got a ride in his car tonight ... its quick but I honestly think my car feels just as strong. I will figure EVERYTHING out with the car before I accept any challenges :) .

I told him I wasnt willing to damage my car , and I needed more time to make sure everything was good. He started joking around telling everyone he won race #1 , hahaha. He will just be waiting.

Thanks everyone ---

Your signature shows a TTA and a Syclone but you don't know how to launch a Turbo Buick?

Something doesnt jive.....

Well I am not going to just ASSume anything about these cars , that will only lead to trouble.

I guess your advice is to launch it like I do my truck?

I will take that as a compliment though. :) . If you are doubting that I own these cars, here is a pic I posted of my collection in another thread :

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/members-rides-friends-family/250490-whats-youre-driveway-4.html

Post #118 ---

I got a ride in his car tonight ... its quick but I honestly think my car feels just as strong. I will figure EVERYTHING out with the car before I accept any challenges :) .

I told him I wasnt willing to damage my car , and I needed more time to make sure everything was good. He started joking around telling everyone he won race #1 , hahaha. He will just be waiting.

Thanks everyone ---

Get the alky working with a good chip and tune...when you are ready turn it up to 22psi...compared to 16psi you will s#!t yourself :biggrin: He will look at the back of your car all day!!!

Get the alky working with a good chip and tune...when you are ready turn it up to 22psi...compared to 16psi you will s#!t yourself :biggrin: He will look at the back of your car all day!!!

X2 ..it will be worth the wait :cool:

Why not race him in the Syclone for an 1/8 mile?

The syclone was in a little accident awhile back. I am letting it sit, because part of me doesnt want it to turn past 69k miles, lol.

*Thanks everyone , I didnt know you could turn the boost up so high. On my Syclone they say 18 is pretty much max. Theres a difference between a chip and tune? Thats new to me.

I took pics of under the hood , and what I think are the alky bottle/piping. I will post it and ask if I am seeing things correctly later tonight. You can run wiper fluid, water, or HEET in it right?

Since its a "Razors" kit ... he posts on this site and should be able to link me to some install directions right? It would help me a lot in getting to know where all the parts are, and how they work. This is my first time with an alky kit. I have a Spearco one for the SY , but its not installed yet.

[/QUOTE] Theres a difference between a chip and tune? Thats new to me. [/QUOTE]

You buy a chip here TurboTweak Home :cool:

You have to *TUNE * / adjust diff stuff on the car yourself to see what works best for your combo

Alky Control System installed...overflow tank used for Alky, nozzle/hoses in up-pipe near throttle body, pump usually installed under car below battery tray and controls lower left side of dash.

also best to run straight Methanol (VP-M1)

Attachments

• Alky01.jpg
    Alky01.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 215
  • alky02.jpg
    alky02.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 183
  • alky03.jpg
    alky03.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 192
Drive it like u stole it. Those Nittos don't hook up very well tho. Switch to some MT's.

Only problem is you are giving him time to think about the mistake he is making. So he will be considering some upgrades in the meantime.

Don't show up to a gunfight with a banana.

Awesome pics ... thanks , thats a lot like what mine looks like. I wasnt quite sure why the "engine coolant only" bottle had braided lines out the bottom, hahaha. ---

Theres a difference between a chip and tune? Thats new to me.

You have to *TUNE * / adjust diff stuff on the car yourself to see what works best for your combo

E-mail turbotweak or Razor (at Alchy control) detailing which turbo, fuel pump, injectors, converter you have, and either one can make up a chip for you that is pretty much plug and play. If they have a question about your car and its modifications, they'll get the answers so thay can make a fabulous chip for you. :)

But, you will need to familiarize yourself with a scan tool and its readings before you go WOT. :)

Theres a difference between a chip and tune? Thats new to me.

You have to *TUNE * / adjust diff stuff on the car yourself to see what works best for your combo[/QUOTE]

E-mail turbotweak or Razor (at Alchy control) detailing which turbo, fuel pump, injectors, converter you have, and either one can make up a chip for you tha is pretty much plug and play :) But, you will need to familiarize yourself with a scan tool and its readings before you go WOT. :)[/QUOTE]

If it's running MSD 50's and Alky there's a good chance it already has a chip...pretty sure the 50# injectors need a chip to work properly? I would drop the ECU, pull the cover and see what chip is in it. If it has one of Eric's chips he should be able to tell you what it is.