I need people opinions. is it a good deal 87 GN

katomonie

Hi im looking at this car I wanted to knw if you guys think its a good deal? I am the second owner of this car for the past 3 years. I purchased this car with 117,500 miles and it now has just over 120k. I put a lot of time and money into it. Brought to bare metal and welded new metal where needed. It needs a radiator and coil pack. I don't have time to drive it. He wants 8 grand.

Attachments

• 01414_fAyTQ73c5pa_600x450.jpg
    01414_fAyTQ73c5pa_600x450.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 00m0m_fkROg9cQfCD_600x450.jpg
    00m0m_fkROg9cQfCD_600x450.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 139
  • 00J0J_8EFUD6scl5F_600x450.jpg
    00J0J_8EFUD6scl5F_600x450.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1187.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
The guy states it needs a coil pack and a radiator? Is the car running poorly.
There might be other problems. I have had people tell me they need a radiator because the coolant is blowing out the cap. Have someone that knows these cars look at it first. Its a good deal if everything else is good. where are you located? maybe someone on here can look at it for you. good luck

A good paint job will run 8k, so I would say it's worth it, especially if it runs well. Personally I would tell him I'm bringing a good coil pack with to take it for a test drive and see what he says.

You should most definitely take someone who knows these cars with you.

Im in California and the car is in Gloucester Massachusetts. That would be great if I could find someone close by.

You could also post in the North Eastern Area on this forum to find someone in that area to put eyes on that car for you. Any reason you're interested in that that particular car?

You could also post in the North Eastern Area on this forum to find someone in that area to put eyes on that car for you. Any reason you're interested in that that particular car?
I will do that now didnt knw I could. No not really just thought it sounded like a good deal.

Hopefully someone from that area will see your post and take a look at it for you. Lot's of good people here willing to help. Good luck.

In the meantime I have attached a general buyers guide another member put together to help those not familiar with what to look for when purchasing a Turbo Buick. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• GN buyers guide.pdf
    538.7 KB · Views: 105
All good info.
All that glitters isn't gold! Have it checked out before you put your heart into it. The price may be low for a reason(s). Then again, it does look like a lot of car for the money. All the more reason you need to get someone qualified to look at it. Keep us in the loop and let us know if you have any more questions.

Welcome to the site.:)

Mike Barnard