I Need a Recommendation for a New Boost Controller

BADAZZV6

Slippery When Boosted
I'm in the market for a quality boost controller, it must be compatible with a TE-44 and an ATR external waste gate. I am also running Razor's Alky kit with methanol if that makes a difference.

Depends on how sophisticated you want to get, but you could contact Shane (SGRIM on the board here), and talk to him about the ISAC controller. It can do boost, and/or alky control. Very nice unit!

ISAC for sure, you can't find a closed loop (autocorrect) boost controller with all the features for the money.

The Tru Boost is an open loop controller that just targets a dc% for the wastegate solenoid and not a target boost number. I have a boost creep issue and this strategy did not work for me.

Mike

I like to keep things simple so i use a HALLMAN manual controller. They are less than $100, high quality, and do the job. Ive never been a fan of electronic boost controllers, they add clutter, wiring ect.

Rocking a home built unit using some 3/8" NPT fittings and a T. Cost me like 8$ and works pretty well.

Zack

I like to keep things simple so i use a HALLMAN manual controller. They are less than $100, high quality, and do the job. Ive never been a fan of electronic boost controllers, they add clutter, wiring ect.

I agree the HALLMAN boost controller looks great, simple to use, and does an exceptional job. I have not seen anything more effective, or efficient out there for the price!!!!

For a Manual boost controller, I usually go with Boostvalve.com, nice, fine adjustment, great quality unit, similar to the Hallman, and reasonably priced.

Most of the electronic controllers are essentially open loop and do not deal with boost creep well. (nor do the manual ones).

How is your wastegate set up? Mounted on the header, or on the downpipe?

Bob

For a Manual boost controller, I usually go with Boostvalve.com, nice, fine adjustment, great quality unit, similar to the Hallman, and reasonably priced.

Most of the electronic controllers are essentially open loop and do not deal with boost creep well. (nor do the manual ones).

How is your wastegate set up? Mounted on the header, or on the downpipe?

Bob

Thanks for that recommendation! Their Stage 2 looks really nice, I think I might look into buying that in the near future.