i LOVE my gn, but i HATE my seats!!

Holy Moly! Show's you what I know. That's what happens when you get old I guess. I can't keep up with all the latest crapola or even the old stuff that's already dried up. :)

So what did he do? Is he a Commie eco terrorist? I gotta ask - like Flip Wilson "The devil made me do it."

Well anyway he did a nice conversion (as many agreed ) and there must be some pics and or discussion left to look over with regard to this junk yard find. RECYCLING at its best altho there may not be as many Park Avenues left to scavenge these days. I think It was maybe 1994 or 95 vintage seating. Now you got me wondering.

He went full neo-Nazi Bob.:confused: I agree that Red had some decent info but the neo-Nazi in him went full bore with his hate and Bs so he needed to go away.:( He was banned from the poly-sty section and he kept trying to get his "view" any where he posted.o_O

I am actually dropping my car off to have seat mounts moved backwards. Did it on my 78 Malibu and it made world of difference. Can't find any pictures of the old set up. I'm 6'1 and it is apparently too tall for G bodies.

YearOne sells brackets that bolt in between the seat and the floor mounts, which move you back 2", but I think it also raise you up about an inch or so.

Hmmm... i am 6'2" and have had Limited leather "comfy" seats. plain bench seat, GN buckets, ttype buckets, hard top, ttop etc...and have always had plenty of room....are you sure you have the correct mounts in there ?

He went full neo-Nazi Bob.:confused: I agree that Red had some decent info but the neo-Nazi in him went full bore with his hate and Bs so he needed to go away.:( He was banned from the poly-sty section and he kept trying to get his "view" any where he posted.o_O

Too bad. For me guys like that (right, left, armed, unarmed or whatever tellin' me what to do, think, how to be and reaching into my private life) fall into the "Chronic annoyance" group. Live and let live is how I was raised. It's sometimes hard to stand by that these days & to ignore the crap but at least you know WHO THEY ARE. Just me mouthin' off here but I didn't notice his mess back in the day so easy for me to say.

OK I'm done. All is quiet on the Northern front and the yard needs attention and I need that vac brake bracket out of the 85. Getting warmer as I type.
Bob

BTW
Just so I don't get a beat down for hijacking, I am putting an 85 base Regal split bench in my project instead of GN buckets. My best girl can possibly sit next to me when it gets done!!o_O

So add me to the list of guys that wanted to do something other that original GN seating. Mine had been chewed up by a family of racoons so the decision HAD to be made! I found the car the in the "Project" area behind a local body shop rockers deep in mud.