i LOVE my gn, but i HATE my seats!!

ThebigbadWolF

Please tell me there is alternatives.

I am a big n tall type of guy.

first off my head runs on the roof, and I have to damn near lay down to be comfy in this damn seat.

I figured if I moved the seat back a few inches and lowered it a inch it would be ok, but I cant find any shop that will do this for me.

any advice or alternative would be great.

thanks
Wolf

There are several threads about changing seats. One of them is in the lounge I believe and they look like what you might be looking for.;)

T-Top with goggles:p:p:p
Only kidding
How about an upholstery shop; maybe they fabricate something to lower your seat

T-Top with goggles:p:p:p
Only kidding
How about an upholstery shop; maybe they fabricate something to lower your seat

I honestly though I should of got a ttop just because of that, but I am not to fond of the ttop looks lol

I hit a few shops and no one would touch it.

I own a few bbodys and man what a difference in seating.

Check your seat tracks . Check another car(s) for diffrence in your seating comfort. A friend once mentioned he couldn't understand why I always sat close to steering wheel. Sitting in his car seat went back futher then mine more comfy and leg room. Iam 6'3".

I have Corbeau CR1 in mine, about $1200 for these in microsuede. Lots more leg room and height even with a helmet on.

ct4ybcm

I honestly though I should of got a ttop just because of that, but I am not to fond of the ttop looks lol

I hit a few shops and no one would touch it.

I own a few bbodys and man what a difference in seating.

Welcome to the turbo buick board. I recognize your screen name from issf.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Unfortunately you won't find anything like the Bonneville swap over here, I'm looking for some new seats for mine as well.

Unfortunately you won't find anything like the Bonneville swap over here, I'm looking for some new seats for mine as well.

they rails look a lot like bbody, I am wondering if I can bolt up some 9c1 buckets

and just have the foam replaced with lower profile / thicker foam.

You must be absurdly tall....or have a crazy long torso. I'm 6'6" and have never noticed a room issue. Then again I have a limited with pillow top seats :p Maybe different height from that of a Gn? Never remember being crammed in my Gn's either though.

Btw @ TurboTNz06...I always found race seats in turbo buicks to be repulsive....you have changed my mind. Guess you just have to buy the best ones for them to look right :p

You must be absurdly tall....or have a crazy long torso. I'm 6'6" and have never noticed a room issue. Then again I have a limited with pillow top seats :p Maybe different height from that of a Gn? Never remember being crammed in my Gn's either though.

Btw @ TurboTNz06...I always found race seats in turbo buicks to be repulsive....you have changed my mind. Guess you just have to buy the best ones for them to look right :p

lol 6'1ish , idk what to say but my head rubs on the roof.

I have the seat all the way back, and the back is rather far down also. making me have to hold my self up some, so its just not comfy

Thanks, even my wife likes the seats, and they are 1000x better than the factory seats in my C5 Z06 too.

the electric seat track option offers better adjustment than the standard seat track
with electric you still have the same recline but it can be positioned lower than the non power seat , and the base can be raked for comfort

Check out the Red Regal T conversion to Park Avenue seats in a search. He might be able to offer some insight into seat position, comfort etc. They look great and there should be some of that generation Buick out there for salvage. I've seen a few in cloth as well as leather.

Red's been banned for a while Bob, so I doubt he can offer much of anything these days.;) Glad to see you on for a change.:cool:

Holy Moly! Show's you what I know. That's what happens when you get old I guess. I can't keep up with all the latest crapola or even the old stuff that's already dried up. :)

So what did he do? Is he a Commie eco terrorist? I gotta ask - like Flip Wilson "The devil made me do it."

Well anyway he did a nice conversion (as many agreed ) and there must be some pics and or discussion left to look over with regard to this junk yard find. RECYCLING at its best altho there may not be as many Park Avenues left to scavenge these days. I think It was maybe 1994 or 95 vintage seating. Now you got me wondering.