I just started a new buisness..Who else is self employed?

A little over the top but hey,

hotrodflatbed.jpg

More pics....The Trans Am i just unloaded today it was goin to sweden its a 434 small block chevy and made 596 hp to the back wheels on motor :biggrin: also theres a 308 ferrari, a bmw motorcycle , and a 1950 chevy panel truck (think grave digger)..Crazy the stuff that gets transported.... The ship at the port i took it to will have 4000 cars on it when it sets sail :eek:!!! No wonder we cant find any projects they are all gettin shipped outta the country!!!!

uShip - The Online Shipping Marketplace - Ship Freight, Furniture, Cars or Moves --- looks like is your friend

Back in my heyday of selling Turbo Regals we sent one to England and two to Switzlerand....all left out of a shipping point i I believe Delaware....be surprised how cheap it is to ship a car overseas.....

My one customer in England still owns the GN he bought from us.....like others in England he is waiting for his invitation to the big wedding this spring! Unless its changed your drivers license is good for like 50 years before it needs to be renewed in England. American cars especially muscle cars are highly prized in Merry Ole England....not exactly practical but prized.

Not sure if its a picture ID but add 50 years you can see how the picture would be a constant reminder at how you looked years ago...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Self employed since 2003. Own the business I helped start in 1999. Long story, but right place at right time, industry experience & knowledge, respected by customers, and a lot of luck. I have managed to continue consistant growth every year since I started (knock on wood), but their are pros and cons for sure. Basically we build cell towers & sites. I have 15 full time and 2 part time employees, and it's a handful, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Glimpse of what we do:

www.communicationbuilders.com

Some sites are higher than others. Took this pic around 2004: (and its from only about 1/2 way up)

Attachments

• MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 371
Self employed since 2003. Own the business I helped start in 1999. Long story, but right place at right time, industry experience & knowledge, respected by customers, and a lot of luck. I have managed to continue consistant growth every year since I started (knock on wood), but their are pros and cons for sure. Basically we build cell towers & sites. I have 15 full time and 2 part time employees, and it's a handful, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Glimpse of what we do:

Some sites are higher than others. Took this pic around 2004: (and its from only about 1/2 way up)

Yours are alot bigger than mine....

Bryan

Glimpse of what we do:

fuk dat:eek: no way, no how:) must get awful windy up there

fuk dat:eek: no way, no how:) must get awful windy up there

Its funny, sometimes yes its much windier up top than down low.. other times it would be very windy on the ground yet I could light my cigarettes with matches up top. When the towers are over 1000 feet, the conditions can be totally different at several levels on the tower. These days most of our work is on structures averaging 200 feet.

Special thanz..to Mr AMC Guy for posting my photos:

Here are photos of two my early tow trucks around 1970-1972 The Ford was a V8 Flathead maybe a 1949-50 model. Was my second truck. My first truck was same size but a Chevy 1950 with a manley hand wrinch set up not power!

You can do more when you are younger than when you are older. Can't find any photos of the 2 new trucks I bought in 1973-1974.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

1297731600.jpg

1297731598.jpg

Again thanz to Mr AMC Guy for posting my photos.

These are just two of the cars I located when I was in the towing business. The far left is a real 440 4-speed Cuda with the rubber like optional bumper.

The other although not a great color was a 340 6 pak AAR cuda.....

The collector that bought the AAR way back around 1975-76 still owns it today...the 440 I have no idea where that is. I found many cars by running a towing business. everything from a 1961 Hillman convertible to a big block tri-power Corvette....in peoples yards.

I was not loyal to any particular car....more interested in condition.....Hlllman Minx went to a museum in Pittsburgh, PA area had 21,000 miles on it.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

1297731593.jpg

Special thanz again to Mr AMC Guy for posting my photos.

This was in its day a unique set up. The smaller Studebaker I bought around 1970 and restored. It was a 1947 model. Quite advanced as Studebaker trucks back then the front fender was the same as the rear fender and the same for bumpers front & rear the same. The bed was steel not wood. The dash was the same as its earlier passenger car. I had less than one grand in the truck as you see it.

Later I found this matching 1947 Studebaker 1 1/2 ton ramp truck. Lincoln powered 12 volt.

It made quite a sight. My cousin crafted in wood the Pepsi carton to resemble a six pack and I had Pepsi send me the 6 blow up bottles. At shows it really stood out.

Long gone both trucks......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

1297731594.jpg

I'm a self-employed retirement/insurance/financial planner....its definitely the best move I could make. As long as you're able to control expenses, find good help, and have the motivation/will to roll with changes you will be fine.

A few pieces of advice....1) incorporate or become and LLC, if anything ever happens, your personal assets are more than likely not affected. 2) buy the best disability income plan you can afford, it will run your business for you if you're sick/hurt/disabled. 3) look into setting up your own "solo 401K" so you can still stash retirement money away before taxes.

As a self employed "starving artist", I agree with Dennis on his comment above.

Paul

Also a self employed 'starving artist' so I can relate.

I started 20 yrs ago as an airbrush artist on Panama City Beach, FL. Had not a clue as to what I was doing as far as a sense of business so kinda winged it, made mistakes and mismanaged my money a lot. Learned over the years how to better watch myself take care of things. (early on there was one incident with the IRS, you learn a lot real quick when that happens)

Eventually I went into marketing design for a sign company because I wanted to get away from the headache of doing my own business. Went back to college, got a degree. Then worked as a sales consultant for a Saturn Dealership, spent a year at that, (where one of the techs in service dept had a GN for his everyday driver) then went back to doing airbrush in Pensacola, fl. Eventually I got a call to return back to the sign company in Panama City at a good pay, 'the company is doing good, business increasing,' yada yada...
I gave up my place, packed up my stuff, commuted several weeks until all was packed.

Finally, 6 weeks after starting at the sign company , again, I moved my family over and resettled.

8 weeks after after starting at the sign company however, I was told that due to budget cuts myself and a few dozen others were being let go.

Long story short, after getting back in the airbrush game, today I have an appointment to set up my LLC. Airbrush along with some graphic work from time to time, and some artwork I do, well, I should be my own boss. At least in theory. I already know most all the headaches involved... with a lot more to come I'm sure, but along with a better sense of self worth I think it balances.

My grandpa started auto repair shop in 1958 it currently is still in buisness it is a family owned company my 2 uncles work there now. It has been pretty slow there latley. My dad also worked there since he was 13 years old now hes 46. In 1999 my dad created this company called Suspension Maxx we make leveling kits for trucks and SUV's. At that time he still worked at the shop and did this on the side. He would answer the phone at the shop take the order and i would get all the parts ready to ship out for UPS. He moved out of my grandpas shop in 2006 and now does Suspension Maxx full time. He still will cover any days that my ucles need off if he has to. My dad only has a high school deploma. We are always coming out with new parts for trucks. He has desinged everything we sell and we have patented. I some day hope to take over the buisness :D

All of our parts are made in the U.s.A. unlike alot of our competitors. We were the first company to start making leveling kits. We also have a lifetime garuntee on our parts. This buissness is ran by my dad mom my brother and a really good friend that works for us.

Check us out at Suspension Leveling Kits & Suspension Performance Components | Suspension MAXX

i started a small auto repair/performance shop in october of last year. things are slow, im barley breaking even on bills, but i love it.

the flow customers are sloowwwly starting to increase.. hopefully it continues...

its rough. but between the shop, and managing a apt. building, my days are full and fairly enjoyable.

I do some window tinting as a side thing. I make way to much money to give it up and go into tinting. I tint 3 days a week and make a average of 1,500 to 2,500 in them 3 days and Im working my butt off.

What makes me successful is that I have a Ghetto pass and know alot of the not so friendlist people around since I went to school with them back in the day they watch my back to get me to tint their windows.

Its fun being a white boy with a ghetto pass i can find those GNs before they get 24 and crap put on them and buy them.

I do some window tinting as a side thing. I make way to much money to give it up and go into tinting. I tint 3 days a week and make a average of 1,500 to 2,500 in them 3 days and Im working my butt off.

What makes me successful is that I have a Ghetto pass and know alot of the not so friendlist people around since I went to school with them back in the day they watch my back to get me to tint their windows.

Its fun being a white boy with a ghetto pass i can find those GNs before they get 24 and crap put on them and buy them.

Maybe because there are white boys in the ghetto:confused:

TURBOC87GN!!!!!!

Clear your PM's! trying to send you the zips for the to/from but it says your box is full!!