I have no oil pressure

There is your problem in why it won't prime.

You have a spacer plate for the hv pump and you put in stock replacement gears, which left you with to much clearance. You need to put HV pump/gears back in there or remove the spacer plate and use stock gears to make it work.

The problem is I think you already did damage to the bearings, but maybe you didn't.

The only way to know for sure is to pull the pan and check the bearings like I said earlier and if they are okay then order a new timing cover and possibly T/Chain if needed.

If you can afford it I would just yank the motor and have it gone through like some have mentioned, but you can have a look at the bearings and see what the damage is before pulling it.

It doesn't take that much time to do and you may get lucky and they are fine.

If you do decide to check the bearings and not pull the motor have someone who knows what they are doing install and torque the caps the right way or the whole thing is a waste of time.

Some things you should pay someone to do for you as it can/will cost ten times more if attempted by yourself if you don't have the knowledge or someone who does right there with you when working on it.

The internet is great for a lot of things but it's not as good as someone right there with you looking at it who knows what they are looking at.

Do the gears spin CCW with the shorter gears in a HVP setup?

K 201 is a wear plate.

No it's not.

Right from advance auto web site:

Contents drive gear, gear and shaft assembly, pressure reli
Gaskets Included:Yes
High Pressure:No
High Volume:No
Pickup Screen Included:No
Quantity Per Box:1

Melling oil pump repair kits are provided to supply the parts needed to rebuild a specific individual oil pump that is a part of a timing cover application. A new or existing timing cover unit, if serviceable, is assembled using the components provided in the Melling oil pump repair kit. Melling kits include the required springs, shafts, gears gaskets, all the parts needed for a quality result. Although Melling recommends the purchase and install of a complete oil pump, in addition to oil pump repair kits for timing cover pumping units; Melling also supplies oil pump repair kits for several standard engine applications when a rebuilder has the desire to reuse the serviceable original oil pump casting.

It is a stock replacement gear kit, hence why he hasn't been able to get it to prime.

If he would have looked at the gears he took out and compared them to what he bought he would have seen the difference and asked questions before putting them in.

Thanks guys I have do have oil pressure now I think I have oil coming out of the rockers so pretty sure it is oil now I need help on how to put it back in time

Thanks guys I have do have oil pressure now I think I have oil coming out of the rockers so pretty sure it is oil now I need help on how to put it back in time
Did you use them front cover and pump that was pictured before!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have missed it but what got in the pump to cause all the damage to the cover housing. Or was it just the photo making it look worse than it was?

Yes I did the same cover and no thought bout what earl said and decided to put old pump back in wit new spring and begun priming and it started priming now I'm trying to see how to pit it back in time

Scumbag. You are beyond the point of needing oil pressure. That front cover is trashed and you are doing further harm at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOOBS, they can ruin a TR in record time with their ignorance!!!!

Please check the bearings and replace the front cover with a new one before you decimate the engine.

I'm begging you not to start the engine without further checking on the condition of the bearings.

Unless of course you have 5 grand laying around burning a hole in your pocket to throw at a total engine rebuild.

It's your car, but don't say that all the people in this thread didn't warn you or give you sound advice.

I'm OUT!!!!

Good luck with your endeavors in the TR world and may your wallet be thick!!!!

Wasn't going to crank the engine till I inspected it first but I was just trying to get the timing instructions so I could look them ova and get a good understanding for them so I can get all that done got a guy coming by tomorrow to take a look at everything for me says he has some knowledge wit theses type of cars he say he just wasn't 100% sure bout the timing and that I needed to try to get as much information as possible so see how that will turn out tomorrow

If he has 'some knowledge' about these car's he CAN time a cam sensor 100%. To admit he's not positive how to do it, tells all.

Sounds like you need a new guy.

Get a magnetic oil drain plug too.

Yes I did the same cover and no thought bout what earl said and decided to put old pump back in wit new spring and begun priming and it started priming now I'm trying to see how to pit it back in time

I fail to understand your logic.

You took the pump apart because you lost oil pressure, correct??

You then buy a pump repair kit for a stock setup and leave the HV spacer plate on and try god knows how many times to get it to get oil pressure.
The cover was in bad shape before you messed with the pump, maybe, maybe not. Either way after messing with the stock gears you bought the cover is now questionable at best.

You then decide it's a good idea to put the HV gears back in there and prime the system. All the while you haven't found the original problem that caused you to lose oil pressure in the first place, or have you?

If the cover was tore up before you took it apart then what makes you think that by just putting it back to the way it was when the problem first surfaced it will magically go away and be fine now.

You need a new cover, and need to check for any other damage before you even think of putting the cam sensor back in there and starting it.

Come on man, don't be a scumbag and ruin that motor needlessly if it isn't already. Sorry, couldn't help myself with that last comment.

Yeah but you probably had oil pressure.

I'll be due for a rebuild myself in a few years if not sooner especially if I'm not careful.

yes I did but I was a noob an this forum helped me out a lot ... while so called good people told me sell my car if I didn't know anything abt it . = why this is a very good forum

yes I did but I was a noob an this forum helped me out a lot ... while so called good people told me sell my car if I didn't know anything abt it . = why this is a very good forum

AAHHHH but grasshopper when people give good advice and then it's not heeded you should sell the car while it's still worth something.

No one is telling him to sell it, but I'm sure he'll want to if he spends thousands and still ends up with yard art!!!!