I have no oil pressure

Pull your pump back apart and pull the gear with the shaft attached, make sure the gear has not come free from the shaft. Hard to explain but that gear can separate from the shaft and spin separate from the shaft. Or another possibility is your lifter bores are smoked since it's been ran with out oil pressure and oil is just bypassing the lifters. Too much tolerance in the front cover, there's a lot of possibilities. You had the best oil guy on here giving you advice. I have one of Earl Brown's front covers on my new engine and it shows he knows what he's talking about.

This is what it looks like

Attachments

• 1426282790247.jpg
    1426282790247.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 1426282828691.jpg
    1426282828691.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 1426282847774.jpg
    1426282847774.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 127
My money is on Turbo Nasty's assessment defined in Post # 73

I have seen a cam oil galley plug get pushed out in another guys engine. You have to "stake" those plugs, or modify the block to accept screw-in plugs.

Pull the front cover and let us know what you find. - Good Luck!!!

Yep that cavity looks pretty ugly. Look at the bright side, you can inspect the timing chain and sprockets. Maybe even upgrade to an earlbrown cover.

What Rich said^^^ That gear cavity is torn to shreds:eek:...Some serious trash has gone thru it. You best find the source, or expect a total rebuild,,,

This is what it looks like

Cover is trashed for sure like said by others.

I've never seen one that trashed before. Even the opening where the pump drive gear shaft goes through the cover is wasted.

I'm surprised it didn't lock up or have so much slop in the shaft that you couldn't feel it or certainly see it when you installed the gears in the first place.

I sure hope your bearings don't look that bad or a full rebuild is in order.

Thanks guys so is a earl brown cover the earl brown that gave me the advice earlier or is that some one else and can someone give me the site to look it up to order one

Thanks guys so is a earl brown cover the earl brown that gave me the advice earlier or is that some one else and can someone give me the site to look it up to order one
The same earl brown that has been giving you advice is "the" earl brown that modifies the covers and sets the pump up. IMO you will need to do more than just worry about a pump and cover. I think you need to at least tear down the motor and inspect everything before putting a new pump and cover on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can either PM Earl or you could go to the vendors section and get one from TA performance or others that sell them.
You should pull the oil pan and check the rods and main bearings to see if there is any damage to them while waiting for the new cover to show up.
Hopefully you don't need to pull the motor for a full rebuild.

Bottom line you've ran the engine with low to no oil psi so, it's been hurt in my opinion time to pull it.

Mr Nasty is correct IMO yank it put on a stand inspect it then if it appears ok which I'm sure it's not you can put it back together and prime it on the stand.

Thought the pump cavity is rough it's not the cause of the oil pressure loss. A popped out galley plug would.

I would yank it like others have suggested and put it on a stand.

Last edited:
You have to drop the pan to swap the cover and it's a lot easier to get a leak free job on the stand then in the engine bay.

It's intersting how the face of the filter adapter looks amazing yet the gear pocket looks like it' been pumping rocks, and has a few shards thrown in for good measure.

.Somebody's been in that pump before (at least once). It has a small version of an ''earlbrown booster hole'' drilled in it AND someone put a spacer plate for one of those damned HV oil pumps.

Scumbag, when you replaced your pump, did you buy a HV pump with a plate, or was that steel plate there when you started and you installed the correct gears for a GN?

If it's the 2nd one, I know why it wouldn't prime.

Great eye Earl short gears in a HV pump would explain why pocket is so chewed up. I did not even see the spacer.

I don't know if it'd be the cause for the damage (and honestly a camera flash can make that pocket look WAAAY worse than actual).

It will keep open up the end clearance to the point it won't prime at all.

Would the cam sensor or priming tool even engage with the gear sitting down so far?

Earl brown I just bought a oil pump don't think it was a H.V part number K-201 from local part store and I didn't put anything else on it like that plate all that was on there when I got it