I have no oil pressure

There are some used timing covers in the for sale section, I would buy a nicer looking one and start from there.

Two different views ion know if u can notice the slight bend in it

Attachments

• 1426533683749.jpg
    1426533683749.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 1426533702012.jpg
    1426533702012.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 98
This is it beside another new spring old one is to the left

Attachments

• 1426533751483.jpg
    1426533751483.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 1426533763919.jpg
    1426533763919.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 93
My mistake....P201 is plate.... not that it really matter this is the biggest monkey fock of oil pump failery anyways. Lol

That bend won't matter a bit under use. The height discrepancy is pretty bold though.

Neither will cause you to intermittently lose oil pressure though.

Damn a sight, just buy a Earl Brown timing cover and be done with it. This whole thread has taken a life of its own.

Damn a sight, just buy a Earl Brown timing cover and be done with it. This whole thread has taken a life of its own.

My thots, exactly....166 posts, a bunch of "ya buts", repeat suggestions from folks that know this engine..And, it's still used parts, and unanswered ?'s..

Chuck Leeper what ? Was asked and not answered? I've tried to answer all questions that was answered and I'm yes I am going to get a earl brown timing cover. I stated the problem I had and the things I have did as I did them and I followed the suggestions that was posted on here by various people. As I don't know who is who or what there qualifications are or there knowledge on this issue. As is I don't have any on this engine. So I took all information gave to me on here and put it to use. Don't have a place close to me where I can take the car and get it fixed so I turned here for help so are u saying I'm wrong for doing so? Or are u saying I'm wrong for listening to everyone's advice? But like I said I tryed to answer everyone questions and request for pics or information pertaining to what events led up to no oil pressure and the things I have did to regain oil pressure so wit that being said if u have any other ideas or suggestions I'm listening.

If you purchase a new front cover all clearenced and set-up - *yet* you still have an issue internal to your engine that created this loss-of-oil-pressure which possibly resulted in metal contamination in your engine - you will "ruin" the new front cover by pushing any metal presently in your oiling system through your new front cover.

As asked before - I believe in Post # 148 - or somewhere around there:

How many miles are on this engine, was it ever gone through before, are there any mods on it, how long have you owned it, and lastly - is it "worth it to you"?

Lastly, please remember most everyone is here to *assist* you.

Good Luck !!!

SB: You still need to open up that filter and check for metal. It's not that big a deal...

Ok sorry for missing that one unsure of miles on engine yes it has been gone thru yes it has mods bigger turbo forged pistons and aftermarket cam unknown cam specs and unsure of what size turbo is at the moment bigger injectors 80 lb external wastgate and I owned it like 2 months and is what worth it to me and yes I know most everyone is here to assist me and thanks again to everyone that's has

I would lose sleep at night if I let a NOS GM casting get smoked with the debris that's in that engine.

I love money, but I don't love it that much.

At this point with that engine, I believe a new timing cover is a few steps down the line. That engine needs to be opened up and all oil coolers tossed in the metal pile.

No, I'm not saying u r wrong...it appears that several folks that know wtf is with these engines have suggested a program to find the ROOT CAUSE of the issue. From what I have read, you appear to be attempting to short cut the process.....Good luck w/ that idea. I'm done.

I am going to get the engine pulled out and sent to a machine shop I will cut open the filter today just to have a look and I will report my finding. Earl brown I been sleeping but yes it have been bothering me as well. Chuck Leeper I never attempted to take any short cuts to find out the root cause of my problem

Fair enough. This is an old video but gives an idea what you should expect as far as pressure to rpm response.
Another issue i have seen is a bad gasket between pickup tube and block preventing the prime and/or maintaining prime.

So i got to ask the obvious . . . how much oil in the pan?

There's a problem with that engine. Like a missing cam bearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a problem with that engine. Like a missing cam bearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was pee'd whem i saw that. The shop made it right but there was no need for the error. I was told that the cam bearing was set too deep :rolleyes: Proves that you always need to verify. lol

I am going to get the engine pulled out and sent to a machine shop I will cut open the filter today just to have a look and I will report my finding. Earl brown I been sleeping but yes it have been bothering me as well. Chuck Leeper I never attempted to take any short cuts to find out the root cause of my problem

Great decision. That is he only way to get the metal shavings out of the engine once there in there. These are great little engines but they have to be taken care of and they will be reliable and make good hp.

Good luck and keep us posted.

This whole thread has taken a life of its own.
At one point or another I think I've managed to misunderstand just about every important fact at issue here.

So it's taken more than one life, not all of them its own.