I have a story you will never believe

Great story. Congrats on the car and the new friend.
I read earlier that your wife was following in your supra. Now, I hate supras, but I was wondering what model supra you have. I would also like to say I don't really hate supras........:wink:

Yeah the supra is her little road rocket. She loves to drive it. It's a 83 MKII With a new motor. We paid 425.00 for it at auction. No one knew it had a new motor in it. Then a few days later I talked to the old owner who spent more than 2500.00 on it. Its a great little twisty road car. Nice when its raining and I dont want to ride the bike but still have twisty fever

GREAT STORY!

It was great you took kindness on an old man not knowing he could (potentially) pay you back. Going to his house and going through is junk is arduous work.

Kudos to many on the forum and locally who "paid it foward" themselves.

You have a great wife who took what you did and added to it.

Enjoy your GN!

Just come over from the SVT Lightning community lightningrodder.com
I have to say with every thing that's going on now a days this story really makes you realize there are still some kind people out there outside of our respected communities. GNGift I you ever need any locksmith help I'll be more then glad to help you out as much as I can.

GREAT STORY!

It was great you took kindness on an old man not knowing he could (potentially) pay you back. Going to his house and going through is junk is arduous work.

Kudos to many on the forum and locally who "paid it foward" themselves.

You have a great wife who took what you did and added to it.

Enjoy your GN!

We are enjoying it. And my wife is amazing. You couldn't believe this woman could handle working in a place like that. But a trooper she is. I had to make her take breaks. Maybe Im justa woosie... :)

Just come over from the SVT Lightning community lightningrodder.com
I have to say with every thing that's going on now a days this story really makes you realize there are still some kind people out there outside of our respected communities. GNGift I you ever need any locksmith help I'll be more then glad to help you out as much as I can.

Thank you for the offer, And yes everyone has been so kind. I guess a story like this just brings out the best in everyone. I mean really would you have come to a Turbo Buick forum just to have a look around? More than likely not. But you are here.

Lots of people have just stopped in to this thread to say hello or offer up services or support. This is what real humans do. Sometimes stupid little things bring out the best in people.. :biggrin:

Great story man. Ive lurked on this forum as I am a big GN fan and I saw this posted in the Corvette Forum Off topic and man I must say your a good person and God has truely blessed you.

Great story man. Ive lurked on this forum as I am a big GN fan and I saw this posted in the Corvette Forum Off topic and man I must say your a good person and God has truely blessed you.

Thank you, It has really been fun.

Wow!!

I've been a member here for a little while (mostly lurker). I was involved in the Buicks since 1988 and really got into the performance side in the early 90's and was Lawrence Conley's Crew Chief on Tweaked and Tweaked II (of course this was a Chevy but I hope you won't hold that against me, LOL)

Makes me want to go get another GN - had to sell mine in 1994. Bummer!

Great story and now that I'm subscribed I'll check back from time to time.

Best of luck!

David

Sweet, The story get's better. Now we have grown men wanting one of these car's again because this story brought back such fond memories... I LOVE IT.
Thanks David

UPDATE on Mr S.

Went to the wound clinic today and had the hole in his back checked out after a week with the wound vac on. The nurse says it looks great and is doing it's job. She also thinks the care facility he is in really doesn't understand how important it is that the wound stay sealed so the vac can do it's job.

She is sending a training team there tomorrow to go over it with them again. The alarms have been sounding and the nurse will just turn the machine off until it resets its self. That aint good.

But we had a great day. He escaped from that place for a few hours. Wish the weather was nicer so we could take the car, But I really think he like riding in the tow truck too.

Next appt is Sept 22nd and we will check the progress of the wound. I hope he can go home soon. He is beginning to really dislike the place he is in. I dont like that.

GNgift, I'm not a GN guy But after seeing a link to this story on another site and reading all 6 pages.

I just wanted to say..People like you are what makes this world a better place. Great job on the car and a great job of taking care of Mr S!!! God bless you,, your family, everyone who has helped out and Mr S.. NOW spool up that turbo and let her EAT!!

I had an old lady that lived next to me.

And when I would fire up my race car she would walk over and say " Where's my helmet,,, I'm driving" Gota love it.

great story, I might just have to use your story as an example in a class I teach :) . I go to Clearview pretty regularly (except this summer)... your friend should at least consult with an attorney about those bonds. I'm pretty certain he can collect on them either by going to the State's lost money department (okay, stupid attorney humor).... but actually to the State and claim the money he's owed. Bonds are paid, but if it's too long it goes to the State's unclaimed money department.... if he needs a referral, I know several attorneys who might be able to help.... (I am an attorney, but bonds are not with my toolbox of skills)...
otherwise, if you need to use a car lift - you must be close to me if you go to clearview :)

GNgift, I'm not a GN guy But after seeing a link to this story on another site and reading all 6 pages.

I just wanted to say..People like you are what makes this world a better place. Great job on the car and a great job of taking care of Mr S!!! God bless you,, your family, everyone who has helped out and Mr S.. NOW spool up that turbo and let her EAT!!

I had an old lady that lived next to me.

And when I would fire up my race car she would walk over and say " Where's my helmet,,, I'm driving" Gota love it.

Thank You.

Thats like him saying, "Leave em at the light"... With a HUGE grin on his face....

LOVE IT

great story, I might just have to use your story as an example in a class I teach :) . I go to Clearview pretty regularly (except this summer)... your friend should at least consult with an attorney about those bonds. I'm pretty certain he can collect on them either by going to the State's lost money department (okay, stupid attorney humor).... but actually to the State and claim the money he's owed. Bonds are paid, but if it's too long it goes to the State's unclaimed money department.... if he needs a referral, I know several attorneys who might be able to help.... (I am an attorney, but bonds are not with my toolbox of skills)...
otherwise, if you need to use a car lift - you must be close to me if you go to clearview :)

Thank You for the advice. I am close to you Im sure. I appreciate the offer of the lift. Another good guy to add to "my list of new friends". Hope to actually meet some of you guy's someday..

Mr S. has a birthday today and siad I couldn't get him anything. So I picked up a couple HOT ROD mags for him and a card about friendship and how much he means to me. He said a few months ago he would be lucky to see his birthday. Well here we are.

I hope we have many more of these and most of them are spent at my place with a BBQ for him. Had a great visit.

Mike

Mike, It has been quite some time since I darkened this forum. I'm mostly a lurker since I do not have a GN. I transplanted a Cadillac Big Block into a Regal just to be different. I became a member here back in 06 to learn what I could about these G-bodys. What brought me back recently was a link to your story on another site I frequent called Yellowbullet.com It is mostly a racing site and I must admit that it took me some time to read all the posts in this thread. It was worth every minute of my time to do so. Hats off to you for being a stand up guy. I live my life by the Golden Rule and sounds like you do as well. Mr Sim is lucky to have crossed paths with you and you with him. You both payed it forward and sounds like you set things in motion for others to do likewise. Best to you both.

Mike, It has been quite some time since I darkened this forum. I'm mostly a lurker since I do not have a GN. I transplanted a Cadillac Big Block into a Regal just to be different. I became a member here back in 06 to learn what I could about these G-bodys. What brought me back recently was a link to your story on another site I frequent called Yellowbullet.com It is mostly a racing site and I must admit that it took me some time to read all the posts in this thread. It was worth every minute of my time to do so. Hats off to you for being a stand up guy. I live my life by the Golden Rule and sounds like you do as well. Mr Sim is lucky to have crossed paths with you and you with him. You both payed it forward and sounds like you set things in motion for others to do likewise. Best to you both.

Thank You. This thing just keeps getting bigger. Every time someone links it to another site more of the world gets a new outlook on life. People who never thought of doing something for someone else may just remember this story and just jump in to lend a hand when they would just normally walk on by.

If that is what happend from telling my story I am a happy man.

PAY IT FORWARD.

Not sure how I missed this thread as I have been a member here for like 3 weeks now:rolleyes: But the last hour an a half of reading every word in the thread are really uplifting:) If there was ever any doubt that karma really does exist, this story dispells that doubt. So many things I could comment on but these are near the top.

I agree with you 100% that old people are treasures. If you have the time for their stories that may be told just a bit slower than our everyday communications;), they are filled with pearls.

You may be the luckiest man alive as your sig says, but Mr S is lucky to have you too:cool:

Cliff and the other 'locals' who stepped up to help with services, parts wheels etc are due some good karma for themselves:smile:

Cars really can create a bond between previously total strangers, so quickly folks we have never met can become like family because of them. My non-car buds start talking ball sports and I give them a blank look, but when I start talking cars with any car guys, and we're instant friends.

Great story, it means a lot to people you don't even know:cool:

Alan

For sure Alan,

I met some of those new friends last night. Had a small cruise thru one of our local little towns last night and got to hang out with some old friends, made some new ones. People really seem to be drawn to the car.

I have some of this story written up and copied on flyers so I can just hand it to people who are interested in the story. I think I gave 20 of them out last night.

Amazing the looks on peoples faces as they read it. What a feeling when a total stranger wants to give you a hug or a handshake. It's a feeling like no other. I just wish the old boy would hurry up and get better. But I do take a ton of pictures at these things then take the lap top up and show him how it went. He gets a kick out of seeing how many people look at his car.

We have a car show today. not entered but taking the car up. should get some looks I hope..

Have a great day everyone.

Amazing story ! Someone posted a link over at the corvetteforum . Your words are getting around the planet fast. Skimmed through the whole thread just now, nice to hear stories like this as it just makes everyone feel good. Makes us feel human. Keep up the good work ;) Nice toy !!

( My first car was a 1967 Buick GS. My restoration attempts led the car into the bone yard forever, but when you start with a bondo filled car sometimes thats the way it ends. )

Yeah I am a lucky guy to recieve such a complete and low mile car. Not much work needed to get it where it is today. But without the help of everyone here and my friends It would have cost me thousands of dollars which I don't have.

The way it all worked out Mr. S and I have a car as near to new as you could get. He gets to enjoy his car now and I don't feel bad for not being able to get it done for him. All of this happened so quick. I am even amazed.