i hate winter

Move to FL! :biggrin: For the record I can't stand it either. See how you feel about it when you hit your 50's like me!

Older I get the worse I hate it. As a kid I loved it but not anymore. Thats why I just hibernate all winter. I rarely go out when its cold out.

I put the 10A charger on the 13 year old Optima last night. :p

I ain't going anywhere today but it's nice to know I can. :biggrin:

Damm, I have to get the GN up there before the bodyman bails. :eek:

I hear the rednecks pay with chickens and jerky (homemade from God knows what) down there. :eek::p

I remember the last ice storm, 1978, I was in College. :eek: ;)

I put the 10A charger on the 13 year old Optima last night. :p

I ain't going anywhere today but it's nice to know I can. :biggrin:

Damm, I have to get the GN up there before the bodyman bails. :eek:

I hear the rednecks pay with chickens and jerky (homemade from God knows what) down there. :eek::p

I remember the last ice storm, 1978, I was in College. :eek: ;)

LOL:biggrin: Good one. no chcken ,I want to get PAY with BBQ RIB.;):biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin:

I hate dropping $478 for heating oil and not even enough to fill my tank. $3.19 a gallon. Paid $2.39 in Sept.

I do not like winter either ! :mad:

Mark where did you get oil for $3.19 a gallon ? I just paid /owe $475.22 But I only have a 185 Gallon , double wall tank . I was charged $3.399 a gallon , know off $0.10 if paid in 7 days.

Plus the GN is behind a 3 drift of snow mostly ice now . The only thing I can do is start it and let it run a while.

I do not like winter either ! :mad:

Mark where did you get oil for $3.19 a gallon ? I just paid /owe $475.22 But I only have a 185 Gallon , double wall tank . I was charged $3.399 a gallon , know off $0.10 if paid in 7 days.

I get it from First Fuel in North Haven. Have to a pay upon delivery, 150 gal minimum. Have never found anyone cheaper than them.

Ryan oil Co. in Hamden was $3.19 as well, in early Jan.

Not sure what they are now, pay upon delivery, no minimum I don't think.

Gonna bring the rusty door GN up before you bail Miguel. :eek:

You could probably make more $$$ down there with a rib shack and some pulled pork sammiches than doing body work. :biggrin:

I hope Jack has something planned for Feb. or March and you show up cookin'!!! :cool:

I missed your Buick party this year. :(

Almost forgot 5 degrees outside now here and it ain't midnight yet. :eek:

Ryan oil Co. in Hamden was $3.19 as well, in early Jan.

Not sure what they are now, pay upon delivery, no minimum I don't think.

Gonna bring the rusty door GN up before you bail Miguel. :eek:

You could probably make more $$$ down there with a rib shack and some pulled pork sammiches than doing body work. :biggrin:

I hope Jack has something planned for Feb. or March and you show up cookin'!!! :cool:

I missed your Buick party this year. :(

Almost forgot 5 degrees outside now here and it ain't midnight yet. :eek:
YOUR TO MUCH:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:LMAO

-1 ° F right now

The real sad thing is when it get up to 30° it feels warm now.

Any of you guys concerned about all the weight of that snow on your roof?? I used a snow rake to get off some of it but no way was I spending all day on a ladder in this cold. Besides, I could only get the recent snow off, that ice storm we had has a nice crust you can't break thru.

Actually saw some guys shoveling off a roof down the street but no way I am going up there myself.:(

Any of you guys concerned about all the weight of that snow on your roof?? I used a snow rake to get off some of it but no way was I spending all day on a ladder in this cold. Besides, I could only get the recent snow off, that ice storm we had has a nice crust you can't break thru.

Actually saw some guys shoveling off a roof down the street but no way I am going up there myself.:(

Yes,

My house is a old House (100+ years) , My Great grandfather built when he came over from Italy. Then My Grandfather owned it and after he died , My wife & I bought it off my Grandma. Anyhow.

The old part of my house there is only 2 X 4 rafters (real 2" X 4", not the format now used) every 24" But 1" rough cut on top. There is one section that is "bowed" But it has been that way since I can remember (50 plus years) , the newer sections one build during WWII and the newest in the mid fifty's have 2 X 4 every 16" .

I had 5' Drifts on the roof (old, old part meets the WWII part) after the second to last storm we had ( I am already losing track).

But has soon as the sun come out it's starts to melt. Now My house is not insulated as well as newer one . It was not insulated @ all until I laid down 6" batts (Spelling) . So some heat is getting though. but .........

Plus I have two coats off singles on the roof, re roofed 3 years ago, tor off the top layer , because the lower layer has asbestos in it .

So every time there is a snow (allot) , I get concerned and pray to the good lord for his assistance.

I agree with you Mark, I am not getting up there unless I really have to.

So I leave it be and closely watch , If I have to I will go up. But right now about 70 % of it is gone.

Mark, If I may ask , how much did your roof rake cost ? My house Is a ranch one story the edge so the eves are about ~10' from the ground.

To bad there wasn't a way to "steam" it off . But all the run off would refreeze on the road and cause more hazards.

Negative 6 this morning on the hill in Hamden. :eek:

And the sun was starting to come up so I'm sure it was colder. :eek:

My alternator sounded louder than my DBB turbo at 15psi. :eek:

Got a bit of heat about 15 miles into my commute. :p

I need a headliner now. ;)

Come on its only 9 degrees outside currently..

Just think when it goes to 30 it will be like a HEAT WAVE.