i FU$%%EN give up

Can I have your turbo tweak chip?:biggrin:

Lighten up. This began as everyone trying to point you in the right direction....everyone. Your personal circumstances were not reflected in what you were doing. It honestly came across as you asking a question, someone here replying with what IS usefull information and your very next post would be a completely different question that had nothing to do with the original question.

Yes, this frustrates us. To the point where harsh words were being thrown around.

I will ask again, what is the rush with this car? Help us find out how WE missed the big picture as far as you intentions.

This is how it was read from the beginning......

I don't know much about these cars, help. This has not changed. Mechanically I believe you know what you are doing (19 with a shop, you gotta know something), but as far as how these particular cars work, with electronics, boost, detonation....I can not comment.

If you read something that we told you to read and you know the words but don't understand it. Stop right there. ask about that subject.
and that subject only. You will get a explaination on how and why. Once you understand that move on to the next hurdle. whatever it is. This simple process will get you there. And then and only then will you be able to show us. I hope you do. Now that you are pissed maybe you will listen.

i stab you in the ****en throat

I wish I had a .10$ for everytime I have heard that.

So what do you want to do Rob?

Would you like to take something back before this gets personal. ( Please )

Not everybody is an Internet warrior.

You want to go out like this.?.........

why dont you and all the other members on this board that dont believe in me and only have negative things to say

GO **** YOURSELVES

maybe 4 posts out of three pages are useful to me.

i come on here every god damn day and tell you guys whats happening so maybe you can help me out and dont say i dont ****en...

listen i read every god dam post and piece of information you gave me and more

im ****en 19 years old i wanted this car my whole life and im learning on it i dont live with my father and i work dam hard for every ****en dollar i earn alright

im sick of all you *******s trying to ****en bash me and tell me **** over the computer you want to make a ****en comment about me go ahead and see how many negative words you can get before i stab you in the ****en throat

you negative guys are so ****en useless on this board why dont you just go tell everyone how easy it is and how much useful information you can give others and god forbid they dont understand or have a hard time bash the **** outta them and make them feel like a piece of **** instead of trying to explain it better.

make all the funny comments you want and make all this worse for me i appreciate the brotherhood of this board and dont say we tried telling you because you did tell me thats half of it i can tell a monkey how to steal the keys and leave the cage but where does that lead to keep tellign me things but do not make yourselves clear

how do i tune

i get

dont blow it up
buy a chevy
im retarded
i cant read
have fun picking up pieces off the floor

this is by far the worst group of people i ever heard in my life you people who have nothing use ful to say just please for gods sake dont open your ****en mouth you think it makes you look more important or wiser or makes you get respect...

the only guys i have respect for on this board right now would be kevinb

and dave husek who acteully talk to me for hours and help me get on track and acteully care who does it out of his own personal will

these are the realy turbo buick guys not you *******s who give me a hard time and take out there anger or frustrations

i still post on here after the car dont run right and the closest person in my life passes away and now i have to hear it from a bunch of ****en plain heartless people on this board

i now know what fast with class really is and i know theres more of you who think the same on here after being on this board and realizing what doushebags people can be

and i will still be picking up pieces for as long as it takes and take in as much advice i can get and i will ****en get this car running

the only thing that is keeping my head straight after all this has got to be my faith im not a saint by any means but i strongly believe and i read the serenity prayer every morning to make me wake up again

i will get this car straight if it kills me so you will ****en see Or like this?

Guys, cut him some slack. I know he's a legit member. He bought some parts off me a few months back...fast payment and all. Remember....he's 19...I know I was very bull headed back then myself (and still am). I had a hot-air that I swapped at the same age. Everyone on the old gnttpe list gave me crap for doing it. I broke stuff, did it my way, etc... It cost me a lot extra in the long run but guess what...I learned a lot! He will too. When your mistakes cost actual money and time, you tend to make them once and learn. He seems like a smart young man, I'm sure he will get his ride to work good in the future. We should be happy that a 19 year old shares the same love for the car we all have grown to love (and hate at times lol.)

This site kills me sometimes. God forbid you think outside of the box and use a non-tb.com part or vendor! A couple fellow Buick buddies and myself often sit around and laugh about building the perfect tb.com car. I would go into details but I know I'd get flamed by a few:)

I think the best advice is to find a local TR owner that has a well running TR and ask for help. Lance Young aka Mile Hi GN took me under his wing years ago and got me started down the path. In a nutshell he said start at low boost (15#) and work it up 1# at a time and make only 1 change at a time. If you see any KR lift, figure out why it was knocking, correct the issue and run again. It will take may passes to get the tune right - you may take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward.

Look i'm not flameing you what you wanna do is pm pacecarta he is a very good guy ask him your questions and tell him what has already been done or what you are going to do he does work on these things so he may fix it for you but you have to listen if he tells you something. Being that your 19 and have done this much to the car tells me that your no slouch as a tech so put the car back together pm Paulie (pacecarta) and see if he will tune it for you that's why i told you earlier to join the other board and go to the MAGNA section and post there are guys willing to help but alot of them don't come here most of those guys helped me out too all i want is for you to enjoy your car like you should and with the right tune it mabe faster than you think high boost doesn't always mean that it's gonna be fast if you have the right parts and understand what your looking at as far as SM readings and adjustments through the chip you will be happier with the car i didn't wanna change the settings in my TT chip but once i started changeing settings the car reacted different slow sometimes is better than full out you and i for that matter will get to super fast but there is always a leaning curve hope th see you on the other site in the MAGNA section asking your questions there wish i was close or i would try to help you in any way i can but i'm like a 3 to 3 and a half hour drive ( sorry for the long rant )

pistons are fine are the fel pro 9441s good enough for me?'

he didnt have time to port the heads and

im gonna throw a new set on and find some one who knows how to tune these things

thank you all i am proud to call you guys my brothers just something happened couple days ago and thats the reason i havent been on i just have to get my head straight this was just one mroe loss to me if you can understand what happened

thank you all

This thread is indeed like a soap and probably don't need my 2 cents put in.........................BUT.............did anyone else catch the above emboldened statement. How much was paid for this engine and what was supposed to be done to it? I would be throwing a fit about those heads to the builder, if they were supposed to have been ported. I feel bad liv4gnz that your engine went "BOOM".......but damn............listen to the advise given by the people on this board, most of them are very intelligent when it comes to the TR. Learning the hard way is going to get very expensive. This reminds me of folks trying to give advise or whatnot to a young man in love, she could be a tramp and everyone know it. Warn him all you want about this woman, and he will still do what he and his nads feel is right...............it's gonna get damn expensive if you don't start listening. We were all young...........but DAMN!

I've gone thru plenty of wasted money, and wasted time because I didn't know what the FFFFFF I was doing. Heck, some times I still do. But there is an old saying that you should heed, "Is there any man so wise as to learn from the mistakes of others..." Take the advice you are getting. SLOW DOWN. Get help. You seem to think there are just a bunch of A-holes around these Buicks, but my experience over many years is that there are a TON of guys in the Buick world more than willing to give of their time and expertise with a simple request for help. Ask for that help, and accept it. Don't be so mule headed and continue this me-against-the-world attitude you have going and get your car running RIGHT. Then you can enjoy it and learn a lot in the process.

Forgive and go on

Well, I just returned from upstate taking a break taking care of my sick Mom, and I get on here and read...what the hell???:eek: All of you getting upset and screaming about this is not worth it. Iliv4GNZ, listen to me, all of these guys on this forum ARE your brothers!:smile: They are very, and I mean, VERY experienced with these tempermental turbo rockets.(I proudly EXCLUDE myself:rolleyes: ) You have to learn to LISTEN to their suggestions, they are trying to HELP you, not make you feel bad. I can understand very well their frustrations, as you don't seem to understand the points they are trying to make. Everyone has a limit to their patience, even me. Don't blame them, buddy, they mean very well here. Believe me from my experience on this great forum THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT because they have been there too. Tuning is the utmost important thing for these cars, bud, and knowing what the figures on your Scanmaster, etc, is very, very important. You've GOT to take it slow and easy. You've GOT TO. There's no other way to do it. If you step back and listen to what these pros are telling you, it'll greatly be benificial to you in the long and short run. No one here wants to see you blow up your engine. I KNOW how frustrating it can be from personal experience.:mad: When I don't know something about my '87 GN, I'll come here and 99.9999% of the time will get great, positive advice, because they KNOW what these engines are all about from their experience, expertise and many, many trials with the Buick Turbo engines. So, you being a good Christian, as I've seen, "forgive those who trespass against us." Don't go off stark raving mad on a negative slant. Come back and appologize to the fellas here and start anew. It takes more of a man to appologize for something than not to. I can see you're a good man, so do it. You'd be amazed how positive this can be for you by saying "sorry" to your fellow man. You've got to understand that others here got really frustrated in trying to HELP you and thier patience just gave out. We ALL have our level of patience. Some short, some long, but we are all human beings in LOVE with our Turbo Buicks. :wink: So, lets start over and be friends. OK, buddy? I, myself, am proud of you being only 19-20, working hard, living alone, taking responsibility for yourself, getting a Turbo Buick at such a young age. Good job!:) Me, at 19, I was driving a '26 Model T to and from work until I got a raise to $1.75 an hour!!:eek: Wow!!! Then I went out and bought a brand new '68 Firebird 400 Ram Air! Hot damn!!!!:redface: Of course, I had to live at home with my parents, work, and my girlfriend left me because I couldn't afford to take her out anymore:( . Well, at least my Firebird never screwed me over. Come on back and start with a clean slate. I'm sure even the upset guys here will welcome you back. Just forgive them like you should.
(End of lecture):cool:

Bruce '87 Grand National

wow this sounded like the old bruce may god rest his soul i knew from t6p for many years before i baught this car like maybe 4-5 years i would subscribe to alot of his posts and think he was the wisest man alive

im not stubborn i just dont like to have to lower myself to some ones standards to show them respect.

this is what i needed that last post from bruce just made everything clear again thank you for the post

wow this sounded like the old bruce may god rest his soul i knew from t6p for many years before i baught this car like maybe 4-5 years i would subscribe to alot of his posts and think he was the wisest man alive

im not stubborn i just dont like to have to lower myself to some ones standards to show them respect.

this is what i needed that last post from bruce just made everything clear again thank you for the post

Bruce Plecan was a very fine man, passed away in May 2007.

Great guys here

Hey, this is great!:cool: Everybody are friends again. I just love you all for it. Thanks for being a fine example of understanding guys and putting this problem to rest to move on. You're big men in my eyes. Thanks! It made me feel good as today it's been 38 months since my beloved Dad passed away. He gave me his '87 Grand National before he passed, saying it was "too fast" for him. He bought it brand new, drove it like a maniac, scared the living s*** out of me with it, always with a huge s***eating grin on his face!:biggrin: God, fellas, I miss him so. :( So I thank you for the great lift you not only gave this TurboBuick forum but to me as it helped me. It hurts pretty much to go out to my garage and see that beautiful, big bad, black Grand National almost everyday, but damn if I will ever get rid of it. I only wish I had all of you guys with me when Dad was alive, as he asked me a ton of questions about the GN but I didn't know squat about them...only that they were all fast as hell. You guys would have been a great help to him. So, that's why I rely on you fellas on this forum...you all know what in hell you're talking about with these (pick your color please) rocket ships. You've all helped me TREMENDOUSLY and I just saw that maybe I could help with this problem in return. You did my heart good.:wink: And I want to say to liv4gnz that I'm sorry for your recent loss. Take it a day at a time...it's not easy, it's painful, but in time you'll be able to get somewhat back to normal. Mourn in your own way as long as you feel you need to. No time limit. You'll know when you'll be getting to feeling better when the time comes. You'll never forget, but life is for the living. Make it count. As was said in a great movie "Earn it."
Who was this fella, Bruce Plecan you were talking about and what happened to him? Was he as proficiant in Turbo Buicks as you all are? I'd really like to know. And I'm sorry he's gone. Sounded like he was well liked. Once again, I admire you guys for straightening this out. My "Turbo's" off to you!:tongue:
As I said previously "Great guys here" And I mean it!:wink:

Bruce '87 Grand National

^^search tb.com and t6p.com for username "Bruce". It will take a few evenings to read it all but well worth it.

why dont you and all the other members on this board that dont believe in me and only have negative things to say

GO **** YOURSELVES

maybe 4 posts out of three pages are useful to me.

i come on here every god damn day and tell you guys whats happening so maybe you can help me out and dont say i dont ****en...

listen i read every god dam post and piece of information you gave me and more

im ****en 19 years old i wanted this car my whole life and im learning on it i dont live with my father and i work dam hard for every ****en dollar i earn alright

im sick of all you *******s trying to ****en bash me and tell me **** over the computer you want to make a ****en comment about me go ahead and see how many negative words you can get before i stab you in the ****en throat

you negative guys are so ****en useless on this board why dont you just go tell everyone how easy it is and how much useful information you can give others and god forbid they dont understand or have a hard time bash the **** outta them and make them feel like a piece of **** instead of trying to explain it better.

make all the funny comments you want and make all this worse for me i appreciate the brotherhood of this board and dont say we tried telling you because you did tell me thats half of it i can tell a monkey how to steal the keys and leave the cage but where does that lead to keep tellign me things but do not make yourselves clear

how do i tune

i get

dont blow it up
buy a chevy
im retarded
i cant read
have fun picking up pieces off the floor

this is by far the worst group of people i ever heard in my life you people who have nothing use ful to say just please for gods sake dont open your ****en mouth you think it makes you look more important or wiser or makes you get respect...

the only guys i have respect for on this board right now would be kevinb

and dave husek who acteully talk to me for hours and help me get on track and acteully care who does it out of his own personal will

these are the realy turbo buick guys not you *******s who give me a hard time and take out there anger or frustrations

i still post on here after the car dont run right and the closest person in my life passes away and now i have to hear it from a bunch of ****en plain heartless people on this board

i now know what fast with class really is and i know theres more of you who think the same on here after being on this board and realizing what doushebags people can be

and i will still be picking up pieces for as long as it takes and take in as much advice i can get and i will ****en get this car running

the only thing that is keeping my head straight after all this has got to be my faith im not a saint by any means but i strongly believe and i read the serenity prayer every morning to make me wake up again

i will get this car straight if it kills me so you will ****en see

First, you said you were "20" years old, second time you said you were "19" years old. I don't believe for one second you're less than 40 years old. I really think you relish all this attention! Take the honest, good advice from everyone and get a life! Not ONCE have you said, "OK, I could use some on site help". Close the book my friend.:smile:

First, you said you were "20" years old, second time you said you were "19" years old. I don't believe for one second you're less than 40 years old. I really think you relish all this attention! Take the honest, good advice from everyone and get a life! Not ONCE have you said, "OK, I could use some on site help". Close the book my friend.:smile:

Are you usually late to the party? This is a dead subject. We are now on to getting the car tuned and running right. We have all moved on, I suggest you do as well.

Maybe we are looking at this issue from the wrong perspective.

liv4gnz, maybe you did not understand the info on tuning that has been shared with you. How wou tell a would you tell friend that just bought a GN to tune HIS car? If you can teach someone else how to do something, then you have truly learned it yourself. I am not trying to be a smart azz.

Seriously, take us , from the beginning, thru how you would teach someone else thru tuning a new GN, that way we can see if there is a flaw in the way you understand the tuning process of these cars.