I can't explain it...but I'm gonna try this.

Yep, and to the tune of and around 700 horsepower. The engine set up on the right was called the "turkey baster"

I know a chap that was running a Lola chassis back when these were being tested. He remembered that they were having issues keeping the engines running right, but when they did....no one could keep up with them. The power and acceleration was "unbelievable".

700-800 HP out of 3 litres (181 CI.)

I think a Buick still holds the Indy lap record (in testing and qualifying.) 224 mph?

Mac,
I was the other bidder on Ebay. If I had a Stage block, I would have went MUCH higher! Glad you got it and will put it on your car. Congrats. I got the other set of injectors and the guy threw in a valley cover.
Conrad

I can't explain it...but I'm gonna try this.

No explanation necessary. :cool:
What I can't explain is why we spend more money to build a V6 than we could for a V8.
confused.gif

Mac,
I was the other bidder on Ebay. If I had a Stage block, I would have went MUCH higher! Glad you got it and will put it on your car. Congrats. I got the other set of injectors and the guy threw in a valley cover.
Conrad

Cool! I'm glad at least the other bidder was someone from "our" world.

You know, I bid on that plenum (only) back in 2007, but got cheap and lazy at the end of the auction, and that seller won it for something like $252. I kicked myself in the a$$ for three years! :biggrin:

I saved his email, and reached out for him just a month or so ago, and he told me he was going to list it on ebay with a set of stacks. I was determined to get it this time. Within reason, of course.

Good score on your stuff!

No explanation necessary. :cool:
What I can't explain is why we spend more money to build a V6 than we could for a V8.
confused.gif

because if fun to smoke the crap out of those big blocks v8's with our little v6..they dont kno what hit them :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:waaaaaaaaaaa

700-800 HP out of 3 litres (181 CI.)

I think a Buick still holds the Indy lap record (in testing and qualifying.) 224 mph?

I always liked to just listen during the race. The cosworths and Ilmores had a high shreek but the buick you could tell by low rumble. Maybe something to do with the fact you didn't have to buzz the crap out of them through the corners. The drivers always seemed to like the buicks more torque in the turns.

Get a fiberglass hood and cut a hole in it for the plenum. It would be "bitchin" sticking out the top of the hood!
Conrad

I thought it was Roberto Querrero that set the one lap record at 224 in a quacker state green car . If our intake fits that shoud fit ours is really tall lol .

I'm guessing the black is a polymer DuPont Indusrtial non-food grade coating. We coated up a bunch of those for Howard Gilbert (AJ) and later BMS after they saw them at the race in 86 or so. Those have to be collectors pieces, in spite of the fact if you know where to look they can be located. They came in a few different lengths BTW and I tend to remember the long version were for the bigger tracks.
Not wanting to whiz on your parade but, get in touch with one of the Indy tuners and find out if you can get away using those on the street? I'm guessing not, but good luck if you decide to give it try.
Remember Scott Brayton spinning out on the opening lap when he matted the throttle then a few laps later Ziggie Snyder burned up the suspension on his Buick from the headers being to close?
Everybody disappeared from track that Sunday....
AJ was not a happy camper.

Not wanting to whiz on your parade but, get in touch with one of the Indy tuners and find out if you can get away using those on the street? I'm guessing not, but good luck if you decide to give it try.

Guess and whiz away. :rolleyes:

"They" said I couldn't run Stage 2 heads on the street.

A plenum is a plenum and runners are runners with one throttle body. Might it not run as well as my converted 4V? Maybe. We'll see.