I can't explain it...but I'm gonna try this.

Mac in SD

The car runs great, but I've just got to try this set-up...'cause it'll look so cool. :cool:

Just got it a couple of days ago. Haven't even cleaned it. Need throttle and TV brackets. Might be too tall (but I've got a shorter set of Kinsler stacks on hand.)

Having Indy Car parts on a street car...Priceless!

Attachments

• DSCN1038.JPG
    DSCN1038.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 981
  • DSCN1041.JPG
    DSCN1041.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 973
Very cool, Kean. I think you're right. The setup in the pic looks too tall.

Thanks, guys. I measured it, and it's 13 inches tall. My current 4V is 11 inches from the base to the top of the vacum block. I think I can get away with 12 inches, based on some quick measurements.

My other set of Kinsler stacks are almost 2 inches shorter (they were modified) but somebody bored out the injector bosses, so I'm going to have to get something pressed in there. I'll check around and see what can be done.

Looks like an indy car manifold. I assume thats a plate for a Pop off valve.

Cool peice!
Just think... it might have actually been used at Indy!

Do you know any history on it??

I'm going to be calling Kinsler on some linkage and other items, and I'll ask them if they know who made the plenums and put these setups together. I don't know what series other than Indy might have used these set-ups. There aren't any serial numbers or other markings that I can find.

The plate is a cover for the boost pop-off valves used at Indy. How friggin' cool is that, huh? :D

Thanks for the good words, guys. Save some sympathy for when I'm back here crying in my beer if it doesn't work out. :D

Gotta shoot a quick video of it when it's on the car running....Don't blame you. I'd have to run it to

I'm going to be calling Kinsler on some linkage and other items, and I'll ask them if they know who made the plenums and put these setups together. I don't know what series other than Indy might have used these set-ups. There aren't any serial numbers or other markings that I can find.

The plate is a cover for the boost pop-off valves used at Indy. How friggin' cool is that, huh? :D

Thanks for the good words, guys. Save some sympathy for when I'm back here crying in my beer if it doesn't work out. :D

Kean, aren't those stacks made for the Indy heads, as apposed to the regular SII heads?? I can't see the port shape in your pictures.

Very cool indeed...

Attachments

• buick-v6-88.jpg
    buick-v6-88.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 758
  • penske-buick-90.jpg
    penske-buick-90.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 742
Yep, and to the tune of and around 700 horsepower. The engine set up on the right was called the "turkey baster"

I know a chap that was running a Lola chassis back when these were being tested. He remembered that they were having issues keeping the engines running right, but when they did....no one could keep up with them. The power and acceleration was "unbelievable".