i cant believe this...

orion681

Too fast?...I think not!
...ok, beautiful spring day, my bike has been back on the road about 2 weeks now after laying it down hard last summer so today i rode the hell out of it. i had to replace the rear fender among other things after my little spill. so tonight, i met up with a couple of my friends, including a very good friend who was home for the day from school in upstate NY. we all hung out at a bar in sea bright, and drove down to long branch to get some eats at the wind mill. all is well, beautiful night, and im enjoying showing off a bit to my buddies and blasting around from light to light. we watched jackass at my friends house, and upon leaving, it happened...mind you, whenever i am stopped at an intersection, i am always watching my mirror for someone not seeing me and rear ending me. well, im stopped at a light, and knowing that the only one behind me is my good friend, i wasnt too worried...oops. i see his headlights coming up fast, but i thought he was just messing around until he smacks the back of my bike, crushing my fender and liscense plate. turns out he was lighting a cigarette(stupid habit!) and not watching the road.
i am absolutely crushed because i feel like destiny is determined to kill my bike. he gets out and feels terrible and starts asking me how much $$$ do i need and so on. i feel bad because i hate to have to take cash from a friend for something so stupid, not to mention that finding parts for my bike is near impossible half the time due to its old age. luckily(now im probably jinxing myself) the plastic didnt actually snap off, its just all cracked up. if you arent looking too hard, you might not notice, but i just put the thing on 3 weeks ago:mad:
i guess the silver lining to this cloud is if i were in my truck and he had hit it, things could have been worse, and more expensive.

Bummer...but look on the bright side...

Since no one was physically harmed...you guys will be laughing about this (later on) for the rest of your lives.

"Remember that time you whacked me..."

Life has lots of unexpected surprises!

HTH :)