Hydraulic roller valve springs

2buicks

It's NEVER "Done".
Hi all,

Running a 69-200-8 Comp HR and only have 1.68" available installed height. (using a spring locator .060" and +.050" keepers) With a 26915 Comp spring I will have about 142lbs +/- on the seat which is fine. My concern is at lift I will only have about 297lbs +/-. Is that enough? I understood 330-340lbs would be preferred, but I can't find a spring that will work. (Comps "upgrade" spring 26918 will give way too much on the seat)

Ideas??

Thanks Greg

Heads are already bolted to the motor? How about looking at the specs. of the K-motion 750 spring and seeing if that'll work for your application.

K.

Heads are already bolted to the motor? How about looking at the specs. of the K-motion 750 spring and seeing if that'll work for your application.

K.
Heads are off now - (had an exhaust valve seize in the guide and got introduced to Mr Piston) The K-Motion 750 has a bit too much I think (482lb rate) for the hydraulic rollers. Street application with an austemper core. The 750 would be about 378lbs at lift... too much? :confused:

These are iron heads, correct?

We've been using either the K-750's or CompCams 941 springs on hydraulic rollers for longer than I can remember, you'll be fine there. You also don't need the locator with them so you can gain some of your installed height back with them, although they'll use different retainers than your beehives.

Another option, since the heads are off, would be to machine the valvespring seat area on the heads for more installed height, and use a different spring. The CompCams 26918 and other similar beehive's like to be measured and installed based off their coil bind #'s, IMHO...

K.

2buicks said:
Heads are off now - (had an exhaust valve seize in the guide and got introduced to Mr Piston) The K-Motion 750 has a bit too much I think (482lb rate) for the hydraulic rollers. Street application with an austemper core. The 750 would be about 378lbs at lift... too much? :confused:
Not too much. I commonly used those in the past with many hyd grinds. I've run over 500 open pressure with 885 hyd lifters. But with aggressive lobes on billet cam cores

Thanks for the recommendations. I would like to be able to re-use my titanium retainers (obviously) but if I have to change, I will. I had 26995's in the motor and since I had the heads off anyways, I wanted to up the springs a bit. I was never comfortable with the low spring rate of the 26995.

There's a thread I started in the last year or so where I compared some installed heights between stock TB & TTA heads, somewhere here if you do a search. IIRC, it was under 1.750"... I'm at work and don't have the info. with me.

K.

There's a thread I started in the last year or so where I compared some installed heights between stock TB & TTA heads, somewhere here if you do a search. IIRC, it was under 1.750"... I'm at work and don't have the info. with me.

K.
Thanks..I'll check it out