Hurst Quarterstick and factory console

turbota440

Question
Will a Hurst Queetstick work within the factory console opening? I understand I need a different top plate.
Thanks

FB_IMG_1505789825921.jpg

Just got your picture what part number for the Hurst quarter stick is that and does it come with everything you need to make it work in our cars? Years ago my son dropped that same shifter in my Syclone fit like a glove even fit thru the factory leather boot that the Syclone had.

I understand Mark sells the top plate....but its the shifter info I seek. I like my car as its 90% stock but the shifter is basically quite crude and flumsy. Actually dates back to at least 1978 invarious G body cars.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Note that the plate in the pic above is for a 3 speed auto with a reverse pattern. These shifter conversions are not just a simple bolt in. There are some mods that must be done and your console will have to be cut and can not be returned to stock. I have a write up on how I did my conversion with a Quick Silver shifter and will look for the link. We make all kinds of console overlays for a few different shifters even Lightning Rods but you need to have some fabrication skills to do the conversion. http://buickgn.com/console.htm

FBFF6E09-8311-48F2-8D8F-0D09D5E4C82E.jpeg

Early AVC / Hurst Quarter Stick for the 200/4R. It has a lower mounting plate under the shifter. It required cutting the lower console. Originally their top plate replaced the factory plate and ash tray. I modified the factory top plate, and cut up their plate to fit like the factory overlays.

Just got your picture what part number for the Hurst quarter stick is that and does it come with everything you need to make it work in our cars? Years ago my son dropped that same shifter in my Syclone fit like a glove even fit thru the factory leather boot that the Syclone had.

I understand Mark sells the top plate....but its the shifter info I seek. I like my car as its 90% stock but the shifter is basically quite crude and flumsy. Actually dates back to at least 1978 invarious G body cars.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I don't think Hurst makes the Quarter Stick in the 4 speed any longer (part number 316-2030). I could be wrong but I was unable to find a new one that wasn't for a 2 speed or 3 speed. I was lucky enough to find a beautiful used one here on the forum and its being used on my 4L80e. As mentioned above, you will need to cut the upper portion of your console and the shifter plate. And of course Mark makes a beautiful plate cover!

IMG_20160310_195146359