Humbled smack talker SRT4 tonight

FYI he probaly makes close to $3600 a month, E4 with 4 years is about $1935, COLA is about $380, BAH w/out dependents is $766, and BAS is $272 or so. If he was married he would definitely be making 3600. The military here in Hawaii make a killing though :biggrin:

76century said:
Yup, that's what you get for owning a Buick V8...especially the baddest of the bad, the 455 BBB! You get reliability, dependability, tons of strength, and much more. Just think, it seems like your 455 is a mild build, it's not even souped up to the max. By mild, I don't mean it's weak, I mean it's just mild in comparison to what you could have on and done to the 455. No doubt your Grand National is faster, but look at all the mods and things that have been done to it. Not to mention, the Wagon is Naturally aspirated and the GN is not due to the turbo. Just things to think about. Very nice cars though, Buick never made a bad car from '87 on down I don't think. :cool:

well..... I have to admit it is a little hotter build than it appears at 1st glance :D

The motor appears to be stock at 1st glance. But if you look closer and know BB Buicks you will immediatly see the Stage 2 Alum heads, completly different exhaust ports and castings. The headers bolt up directly under the valve cover, destinctly different than a standard Buick head.

Have painted the SP1 Highrise aluminum intake to look stock, thicker valve cover gaskets to let the stock valve covers clear the roller rockers. Fabricated the stock air cleaner to be able to sit down over the 1000 demon carb and clear the hood.

This motor layed out 597 hp on the dyno and 600 ft. pounds of TQ (at the crank).

But to the unsespecting, it looks like a stock mill with headers.

Dennis

yep

JerodR1 said:
Nice job beating the SRT. It would be nice to see him actually pull his car together for one good run. I was one of the people hoping to see him put down some power and some good times. With the amount of stuff done to that car it should be able to...of course it doesn't look like that is ever going to happen. All the boost in the world doesn't do crap if you can't hold the car together for aleast one run.

I agree, even though I am the Guy running against him. I dont mind seeing a guy getting his car to run strong. I hope he gets it figured out,Makes for good competition, many cars faster then mine that is for sure.

I surely for one am not blind to the fact that the SRT4's can run very fast. But on the street, I have confidence in my wagon, evern when going against a faster car. Even though my wagon has only posted a best time of 12.3 at the track., my 60' was only a 1.87, spinning as + breaking up on the high end (lean). Have fixed alot since then, that was two years ago. The car should do high 11's in ideal tune and traction.

Was a fun race and in the end we all have the same interests. Thats what it is all about. It would not be any fun if we did not have a little smack talking going on.

Dennis

yep

Alaskabuick said:
I agree, even though I am the Guy running against him. I dont mind seeing a guy getting his car to run strong. I hope he gets it figured out,Makes for good competition, many cars faster then mine that is for sure.

I surely for one am not blind to the fact that the SRT4's can run very fast. But on the street, I have confidence in my wagon, even when going against a faster car. My wagon has only posted a best time of 12.3 at the track., my 60' was only a 1.87, spinning as + breaking up on the high end (lean). Have fixed alot since then, that was two years ago. The car should do high 11's in ideal tune and traction.

Was a fun race and in the end we all have the same interests. Thats what it is all about. It would not be any fun if we did not have a little smack talking going on.

Dennis

Tank

Turbo6Smackdown said:
600/600 eh? wow. whats that thing weigh man?

Never weighed it, but most say 4600 is close. Have not done anything to lighten it up, even has a bumper hitch and spare tire + Babey seat/bottle/diapers....

Den

thats nuts. ever take that thing grocery shopping yet lol. thats the bomb.
if you stuck some plain old wagon emblems on it, put the black/chrome side pinstripe that im sure it came with, back on, took the stage 2 stickers off, and threw some street tires on it, people would absolutely no clue...
Full of groceries youd beat vettes lol. I myself would never own a station wagon, but i love the fact that there are really fast ones out there. 'Specially a buick. gotta love those 455's man.

:biggrin: :eek:

yes I got my ass handed to me.

yes we did actually break the srt (not serious but enough that it required some attention thus the result as the let off at the top of 2nd gear in the vid)

yes I REPEAT yes there will be a rematch next year against the "doc"

got a few suprises for ya (real tires for once lol) we just snagged up some drag radials for the street and we will be doing the bottom end build this winter. so should result in some fun times for 2007.

as to everyone saying im talking out my ass on how much I make yadda yadda

taken directly from my LES

Base pay 1842.60
BAS 272.26
BAH 1248.00
COLA 506.33
TOTAL 3869.19

that doesnt include what I make on sales at my shop as well.

but anyway so yes I lost to dennis and have always had much respect for the GN (one of my favorite cars actually)

as for wagons I always respect wagons (i have a 73 Vega Wagon with a 396) that I really want to get shipped up to AK.

The line that blew off was the main vac line on the back of the intake mani that runs to the brake booster, clutch master cyl, all vaccum equiptment (gauges and such) as well as tripped about 9 cel codes. we could not even get the car into gear (as you saw in the vid) some stuff happened due to the line blowing off at 27psi but hell racing is racing and **** happens and I will give respect where respect is due.

Dennis btw my new cell # is 253 514 2898 so if you need a hand with any tuning or anything in general just give me a shout.

we will be back next spring ready to give it a second go (with a good tune) we are going to have to drop around 2 grand to have hales actually get it on the dyno (seeing as he requires a leak down test, comp test, and to install his choice of engine managment before he will even dyno the car).. but its somthing we will have to do to get this car down the 1320 without anymore issues.

Don't forget this one very important thing prior to your next race; PRAY.

On a side note, I still think you'll get your ass handed to'ya.

i guess you dont know very much the issue was not really tuning related it was a line that blew off at the top of 2nd when we hit the powerband... maybe you should read a bit more before using your wonderfingers to type :)

Sounds like you 2 had fun... Good to hear...can't wait for the grudge next year. I enjoyed reading most of the pages....It's all about having fun.

wow

damn good story and video! i was really getting into it:smile:
hope to hear another from you guys up in alaska! be safe up there

i guess you dont know very much the issue was not really tuning related it was a line that blew off at the top of 2nd when we hit the powerband... maybe you should read a bit more before using your wonderfingers to type :)
maybe if u secured $hit the RIGHT WAY it wouldnt blow off like that:confused:

maybe if u secured $hit the RIGHT WAY it wouldnt blow off like that:confused: I read the whole thread...all u had are excuses

I give him credit. He did have the guts to show up even though he lost. AlaskaBuick has some pretty fast rides. Looking forward to a rematch next year.