never seen these before. Anyone know?

Attachments

• IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0627.JPG
    IMG_0627.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 282
never saw those before. Guess when a thief would find that theyd be pissed off an just slash the seats .

So they can take the car......but not the seats?
That's a new one for me.

How does this seat anti theft device deters a thief from stealing your pride an joy. I would like to see these in person. Personally I feel comfortable
with all my security systems an my remote engine shut down.

Well i cant find anything on them. Googled the name, part number, etc. I need to remove the seat so i can install my XFI under there. I am hesitant to drill or cut because i don't want to screw up the seat stud.

I installed my xfi under the seat without removing it

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

It sits pretty tight just sitting there, I put some Velcro on the back side to help a little but it really doesn't move any without it

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I will try that.

Still wonder how the heck to remove these without damaging anything. New carpet is on my long list of things to do.

A similar system to what you have installed perhaps? :

Hard to tell, but it looks like a security 'plug' inserted in a barrel. If I were to try to remove, I would drill and tap the plug at the top, then use a slide hammer to try and remove.

Very interesting device.

Last edited:
They remind me of those free spinning chokes that cable companies use to keep people from stealing cable....

Try squishing them with Vice-Grips and see if they'll unscrew.

yea, the difference between that design and mine is that one is like a press-to-fit, hammer in style. Mine, the outer tube spins freely and the center stays stationary.

Could you drill the outside tube and use a screw to try and hold the inside center .then try and unthread it from the seat stud?

I'd take a dremel tool with a cut off disc to it. 4 vertical cuts should do it. Peel it off and see what's left.

I would take a dremel with a cut off disc and slot the center top enough for a flat blade screwdriver. Looks like it is screwed onto the seat stud. If that doesn't work I would get cutting like Pronto suggested.

I'm still amazed that someone went through trouble and spend money to keep seats from being unbolted easy if the car was ever broken into/stolen.