How to convert Digital Gauge to Analog gauges??

dbranco

I have a 84 t type that is all digital in Km/h and would like to convert to analog gauges?
Where would I start with that and what would you think it would cost to convert over?

Thanks
Dan

I have a 84 t type that is all digital in Km/h and would like to convert to analog gauges?
Where would I start with that and what would you think it would cost to convert over?

Thanks
Dan

I'll bite. Lol.
I just did this conversion in my 85 t type. You will need an analog dash cluster, and a dash wiring harness from an analog car (must be from a turbo car). You will need to remove the dash completely from the fire wall and remove from the vehicle. I changed mine over at a relaxed pace in about 2 1/2 hours. Where are you located?

Tom

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I am located in Mass.

Ok, I was going to say that if you were reasonably close to the Philadelphia area I would be more then happy to do the swap for you or help you through it. Still willing to do so, but I'm sure your not willing to travel to have it done. It's an easy swap for those handy with common tools and a little patience.

I was just down there 2 weeks ago to see the giants and eagles game....
Love Philly...
What did it cost you do do the conversion? There are kits online for 750 and up thats crazy..
I just would like to have a take and speedo and not be digital..

I was just down there 2 weeks ago to see the giants and eagles game....
Love Philly...
What did it cost you do do the conversion? There are kits online for 750 and up thats crazy..
I just would like to have a take and speedo and not be digital..

That sucks, but like I said if your willing to make the trip I'll be willing to help or do the swap. You can piece together everything you need from vendors here for less then that. I don't currently have one, but I may be able to get you a dash harness. I did forget to mention that you will also need to change the fuel pump hanger (level sensor) this is also different between analog and digital.

With my conversion I had already purchased a new Racetronix pump and hanger assembly so I was one step closer when I decided to swap

I guess I will have to start to look I guess. So what I need to look for is a analog gauge and bezel?
Sorry for all the questions but I am new to the whole GN car. I just bought her a while ago and never worked on it till now, trying to learn.

I guess I will have to start to look I guess. So what I need to look for is a analog gauge and bezel?
Sorry for all the questions but I am new to the whole GN car. I just bought her a while ago and never worked on it till now, trying to learn.

No worries, we all were newbies at some point. There is no shortage of knowledge about these cars on this forum, with that said you have come to the right place. Ask lots of questions and read, read, and read some more lol. As for your parts list, you need the analog dash cluster, dash harness from analog turbo car, and analog fuel hanger. Other than these parts everything else is the same (bezels etc are all the same). The only other potential problem is if your car is equipped with a factory alarm or not. With this said, it can be reconnected or removed. If your car is so equipped and you choose to retain this option you will need a harness from a analog car equipped with a factory theft system. If you car is not equipped this will not effect you in any way.

Thanks
Dan

If it is reading in Kmh. There is a little knob that you twist to cycle between MPH and Kmh. It might be missing or doesn't work. But hey maybe.....

If the reset knob is there and still functional, GENTLY give it a twist to change to mph vs km/h.

Bryan