How quick?

Fast Farmer

How fast and quick have you guys been with a "stock appearing" car? 93 and race gas setups and times please. I am seriously considering putting it back to stock appearing status. Need all the good tricks to keep most of the performance, though. Thanks guys.

Been 11.9s with both a Buick and a TTA with all stock stuff.. You really don't have many mods in your sig. Why change ??

Been 11.9s with both a Buick and a TTA with all stock stuff.. You really don't have many mods in your sig. Why change ??
Hey Grumpy, I didn't say I was going to put it back stock. Just "stock appearing". As in heavily modded, but completely stone stock looking. You don't see many that look stock anymore.

ok I see.. Prob something like this ?? Never got around to see if we could get a turbo shield on it.

Meleng907.JPG

That red battery and those fancy hose clamps are a dead ringer for a race car;)

Kevin

That red battery and those fancy hose clamps are a dead ringer for a race car;)

Kevin

hahahaha... this pic was the first clamps we used when we were thrashing to get the car at the track. I had those in a stock pile.. I don't use those cool guy clamps. We use RJC's with no problems an look "normal" :p Here are the other clamps. Ran Atco a week before and put this motor in for Reynolds, Ga. A day swapping motors. Different TB an Plenum. Really to shiney for me. :confused:
5.JPG

Im pretty sure someone went 10.9x through the stock air box.

Im pretty sure someone went 10.9x through the stock air box.
Really?!?!

Seems like the stock air box & the SLIC intake would be the main restrictions. I've heard rumor of a trick stock air box with a solenoid mounted inside to lift the center section clear of the outer section to allow more air into the filter. Please understand that this was just a rumor.

~JM~

ok I see.. Prob something like this ?? Never got around to see if we could get a turbo shield on it.

View attachment 157251
Yep almost identical to what is in the picture. While I love the performance, I really appreciate seeing one every now and then that "appears" to be unmolested. Kinda like going to the car show and seeing most any muscle car that is completely stock looking. I just don't want it to run stock.

Yep almost identical to what is in the picture. While I love the performance, I really appreciate seeing one every now and then that "appears" to be unmolested. Kinda like going to the car show and seeing most any muscle car that is completely stock looking. I just don't want it to run stock.

well thats Melissa's street gn .. 9.94 @ 138 motor Pump gas/Alky with drag radials. .. :cool: Car drew a lot of lookers.. They stared it for HOURS !!! Don't judge a book by its cover.. Or that a girl is driving it :p

Really?!?!

the SLIC intake would be the main restrictions. I've heard rumor of a trick stock air box with a solenoid mounted inside to lift the center section clear of the outer section to allow more air into the filter. Please understand that this was just a rumor.

~JM~

someone did that tweak to the intercooler scoop.. Have no idea if it helped at the drags or not. I don't think the SLIC is a restriction.. Melissa's GN had an old V4 CAS SLIC that she ran 9.94 @ 138+ with. BIGGER isn't always better (talking car stuff here) :D

well thats Melissa's street gn .. 9.94 @ 138 motor Pump gas/Alky with drag radials. .. :cool: Car drew a lot of lookers.. They stared it for HOURS !!! Don't judge a book by its cover.. Or that a girl is driving it :p
I guess what I am trying to say is I would like to have a stock appearing "sleeper"