How much power with a 6265?

Status
Not open for further replies.
696 should do mid 9's in a 3650lb car. My silver car made 630 @ 28 psi and ran 9.7-8. Old car did 10.1 @ 595 rwhp at 3550 with a 70gtq at 25 psi

What did it make at 25psi?
It was right around 650. I cant remember the exact number but i didnt play with timing or fuel much in that area since i was going to 30psi anyway. Timing was 23*@25psi

It was right around 650. I cant remember the exact number but i didnt play with timing or fuel much in that area since i was going to 30psi anyway. Timing was 23*@25psi

650 REAR Wheel HP??? I think I know my next turbo for this DLS bullet !!!!

696 should do mid 9's in a 3650lb car. My silver car made 630 @ 28 psi and ran 9.7-8. Old car did 10.1 @ 595 rwhp at 3550 with a 70gtq at 25 psi
The old 93/alky engine i had in my black car went 137+ and made 687whp@24-25psi. It had mph to go high 9's under 25psi. One pass i went 114mph in the eighth with it but i aborted at the 1000' @27-28psi. That was with the old 66 GTQ. The 6680 was out of breath on this engine at about 650-660whp. Even with the less aggressive cam lobe that old higher CR engine made over 30whp more with the same turbo run for all its worth. I ran it with the gate 100% closed and it wouldnt go over 25psi on the dyno. I dont think 696 this one made would get me better than 9.80 with this car unless it could 60' in the 1.3 range. 613hp@25 psi on the old stock bottom end last summer went 10.13@133+ with a 1.48 60'. The potential is there if you can get it out of the hole hard. Guess we will find out this spring if i dont throw the high compression engine back in with a solid grind. Ive got it narrowed down to about 2 pairs of lobes if i do so. One with a longer intake duration for the large ex wheel. And a lower duration intake if i decide to keep running back pressure. There isnt much room to add more intake duration without adding a bunch of CR on these small wheels. The airflow around TDC and a few degrees past becomes stagnant. These backpressure engines are a lot more fun than the ones that show huge peak numbers and spool like turds from a slow roll though. Im currently getting a different ex wheel in this 6265 since it ate the thrust and damaged the turbine. Once i get it back ill re-dyno and report back. Should pick up a little more from 23psi up with a reduction in back pressure. Its not a wheel anyone on here i currently running that i know of and i cant spill the beans about it yet.

650 REAR Wheel HP??? I think I know my next turbo for this DLS bullet !!!!
yes 650whp. Make sure you let Dan know what turbine you are going to run because you can probably gain a little over what i got at the same boost with a slightly smaller intake/ex lobe with the small turbine. The new 66 cea wheel should show more power on an engine like this too. This thing spools really fast on the street.

Would be interesting to see. Send it here and I will do back to back with my 6768 at the track as soon as it opens lol. Are you going to try a 676x billet wheel with these dyno sessions?

yes 650whp. Make sure you let Dan know what turbine you are going to run because you can probably gain a little over what i got at the same boost with a slightly smaller intake/ex lobe with the small turbine. The new 66 cea wheel should show more power on an engine like this too. This thing spools really fast on the street.

He set it up with 218/218 Hyd roller I think the lift is in the .540 range. But he used 1.65 rockers on the intake and 1.55 on the exhaust. I have a PT70 from about 15 years ago. Makes power just needs a loose converter. Heads flow 249/219 @.550

He set it up with 218/218 Hyd roller I think the lift is in the .540 range. But he used 1.65 rockers on the intake and 1.55 on the exhaust. I have a PT70 from about 15 years ago. Makes power just needs a loose converter. Heads flow 249/219 @.550
Them ex are flowing too much. Surprising he went with the same duration on both.

Them ex are flowing too much. Surprising he went with the same duration on both.

That's why he went with the 1.55 on the exhaust. To cut down the flow. I am wrong on the exhaust flow. It is 200 or so at .550. It was 219 at .600 before he redid the exhaust guides. He did say that the exhaust flowed too much and something about how the back pressure would affect things.

That's why he went with the 1.55 on the exhaust. To cut down the flow. I am wrong on the exhaust flow. It is 200 or so at .550. It was 219 at .600 before he redid the exhaust guides. He did say that the exhaust flowed too much and something about how the back pressure would affect things.
200 sounds about right. Im thinking about throwing a set of 1.55's on my ex valves to see if i can get anything on this one.

200 sounds about right. Im thinking about throwing a set of 1.55's on my ex valves to see if i can get anything on this one.

So do you think that the 6265 will kick the crap out of the old PT70?? I have no track time due to a problematic BS3 system that is getting replaced. 30 psi is just a number. I am not scared to turn it up. ;-)

So do you think that the 6265 will kick the crap out of the old PT70?? I have no track time due to a problematic BS3 system that is getting replaced. 30 psi is just a number. I am not scared to turn it up. ;-)
The 6265 will spool faster. Im not sure where the back pressure will be with it though. The 76 p trim seems to work better with volume compressor wheels like the 60-1. The higher pressure ratio stuff seems to work better with the 65/68 wheels. You could always get your 70 converted to a large shaft 65 and pick up some power if you are looking to make upwards of 700whp. You would need an ex housing and rebalance.

Status
Not open for further replies.