How much play in input shaft ?

turbocam

I have about an 1/8 inch either way side to side.There is none in and out.Is this okay?Thanks..........

I have about an 1/8 inch either way side to side.There is none in and out.Is this okay?Thanks..........

Are you talking input shaft or output shaft? Input shaft should have very little. Output shaft will have a lot which is normal. The driveshaft yoke and tail bushing keep it centered.

input shaft

Its the input shaft,it has about the same amount of play as the output shaft does.I have had the trans out for a couple of weeks now.I thought I had a tc problem,but now maybe its an input/pump problem.I can wobble it around a good bit.I would say 1/4 inch or so.

Its the input shaft,it has about the same amount of play as the output shaft does.I have had the trans out for a couple of weeks now.I thought I had a tc problem,but now maybe its an input/pump problem.I can wobble it around a good bit.I would say 1/4 inch or so.

You definitely have a problem. Time to tear it down.

If you have that much on the input the stator support is missing bushing(s). Time for a complete tear down to see what else is missing.

I will be parting this trans out then.....It has maybe 1500-2000 miles on it since it came back from CK.Its a CK stage 2.May be a Sid Neal 400 in my future.Im done with 200s............................Thanks guys