How much gain in ported stock heads?

Hafrod

Just curious on the gains on ported stock heads????? Anyone got any experiences with going from stock to ported? How much ET & HP gain???????

I changed my stock heads to ported big valve heads with a ta-49 with a 3 inch DP and cold air pipe. No tracks times but a good power gain. The stock heads are not the best flowing heads. A great first step to going high tens. I went in the tens with it after a few years of the " Just a little faster, thats all" gig. If you are not going to race it alot or not worried about the all mighty horsepower number, then they will last you the life of your care with little problems.

Depends on who does the work & how good they are at it. Mine flow about the same as Champion irons but were 80% of the cost of Champions when all parts & labour & flow bench time was added up.

i picked up my heads a bunch w/ simple porting, nothing extensive, especially on the exhaust side.

Depends on who does the work & how good they are at it. Mine flow about the same as Champion irons but were 80% of the cost of Champions when all parts & labour & flow bench time was added up.

That about sums it up. Depends on how much you want to spend. While Champion seems to be the measuring stick, there are better irons out there if you're willing to spend the money. The set we have on Shane's TFS car flowed right in the 230 neighborhood at .600 but they have been extensively reworked.

My irons started out at 138-144, after porting 200-205, I picked up .4 with heads, cam and 5lbs less boost.....

On several friend's cars over the years, with turbos and intercoolers so that the heads were probably the limiting factor (say te44 or bigger on race gas and anything bigger than a stock intercooler with big neck), for fully ported heads "comparable" :)-)) to Champions, about .4-.6 seconds and 4-6 mph in the quarter mile. Going on to ported GN1's is another .2-.3+ seconds. Going from a stock intercooler to a good frontmount is about the same as ported irons, .4-.6 seconds. This is based on cars that started out from in the 13's to in the 11's, and I think the gains from GN1's would be bigger for faster cars.