How much for a rear main seal job?

I'd plan on spending $500-600 in labor plus parts to do all the work.

Labor at my dealer is $125hr..generally get $65 hr on stuff like this.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I will look it up Thursday when get back to the shop. I have alldata.

you can throw the book out when it comes to a 27yr old vehicle on an operation that requires the crossover to be removed , break a bolt and there goes the clock

when your mechainic tells you the trans has to come out to do it ..find another mechanic

i asked eric at dynotech about 12 years ago what it should run and was told 300 back then
You can throw the book out on any job when you break a bolt. Happens on new cars too not just old POS buicks:) The labor time guide whatever one go with is just a guide and can be adjusted depending on circumstances.

2 hrs at a shop usually though it's possible to complete in an hour. If you don't supply the parts plan on about another $100. Gasket, seal, oil, filter, and 2 cans of brake parts cleaner. Expect to pay $325 out the door if no other issues are found.
this post or #21?????????

Thanks for getting back.

A 25 year old car can have some surprises but on a low mile stock car, I can see 3 hrs.
Problem is most of these cars are high mile abortions.

I know this is not the answer to the question you asked, but.

If you have a garage and the tools to do the job or you could get the tools from a parts store that has a loan-a-tool program. I would suggest doing the job yourself it's not that hard. Just do a little planning ahead of time and get all your parts,sealants and tools together. You could take the car to a muffler shop and have them remove the bolts for the crossover pipe if they are rusted. I've done a few rear main seals and it's nice to not have any oil leaks.

Does anyone have part#'s for the best gaskets for rear main and front cover and timing gear set and cam gear

Here is some part numbers
rear main BS40613
timing cover TCS45930
oil pan OS30521R
crank gear 25523115
cam gear 25519954
chain 12537202
thrust button 25532588
tensioner 9-5158 Cloyes number same as GM

Who has used the TA billet set? Should i go w the roller cam button from the 3800 or just the updated version from napa? Anything else inshluld be doing while im in there?