How much are you guys paying for head gasket replacement?

I wouldnt touch it for less than $1200 but I like to do it R&R'ing the engine.

Parts & labor for a "normal" GN head gasket replacement I charge $900-1100, and does NOT include any repair or work on the heads, valves or springs.

Oil pan removal, if needed, is about $100 extra.

Keep in mind too, that once the heads come off you may find other "issues" as well.

Wrong pushrods
Bad/burnt piston
Bad ring(s)
Bad bearing
etc....

Took my car in for blown HG's and found out my push-rods were the wrong length and one bearing was down to copper.

Whatever the cost you are quoted, budget for DOUBLE the amount, ESPECIALLY IF YOU JUST BOUGHT THE CAR OFF SOMEONE ELSE.

Hope that helps. :)

Parts & labor for a "normal" GN head gasket replacement I charge $900-1100, and does NOT include any repair or work on the heads, valves or springs.

Oil pan removal, if needed, is about $100 extra.
Nick, 8-900.00 labor plus parts here & a job I'm not particularly fond of. By the way the best luck with head gaskets to date are the cometics & head studs. But re torque is a must.

Probably will depend on your location. Where are you located?

Bryan

Gotta agree with Bryan here. Location is key to figure out the cost. It would run arond 1K at my shop as an average, but it depends on the damage and condition.:smile:

repair

shop labor is 9 hrs according to all data plus parts,but I wouldn't trust my car to just anyone just to save a few bucks.

I do my own...its not that hard 5-6hrs and back on the road I talked my buddy thru over the phone it took him 7hrs first time doing it and 100 bucks!!!