how many 10sec unopened turbo buicks ?

i was running 6.8's@101 in the 1/8th which is a 10.7ish @127ish, did it about 10 times before it went boom! you can run high high tens and be reliable, but once i pushed for the other couple tenths it was on borrowed time. happy to help

nice times

i was running 6.8's@101 in the 1/8th which is a 10.7ish @127ish, did it about 10 times before it went boom! you can run high high tens and be reliable, but once i pushed for the other couple tenths it was on borrowed time. happy to help

what was your old setup

I made run after run in the low 11's. no problem.

Once I dipped that stock 109 block into the high 10.80's KAAABOOOOMMM! after 4 hard pulls at the track. The fourth run was bad broke the crank in half took out the trans. etc.$$$$ :frown: I don't recomend taking your stock 109 into the tens. There are some that haven't had a problem but :eek: Heres a video of my first run. 1/8 6.96 @ 98

1strun.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

what was your old setup

Cody forgot to mention the GN1 heads on his post.But otherwise everything was stock.He got close on stock heads,but not 10's.

Shame on you Cody,for being misleading.

I know there are some that have gone 10's on unopened longblocks,but they aren't as common as some would like to think.

Takes ALOT of boost and a real good tune.

IMHO going 10's is waaaaay easier with a set of good heads.

yes, i forgot it said longblock, not shortblock. i had unported gn1's on the car running 6.8's@ 27lbs boost.....i ran 7.1's@ 30lbs boost with a bone stock LONGBLOCK which is a 11.1-11.0 or so. thanks for pointing that out sixgun