How long should you have to wait for parts before getting pissed off?

Crazed1

Ok here's the deal.

I PayPaled someone 500.00 on Dec 19/04 for a set of wheels.

He told me they would be shipped later that week.

It's now Jan 9/05 :confused:

I have emailed him a few times with no reply.

I have PM'd him a couple of times with no reply.
Through PM tracking I can tell that he has been here a few times. He either hasn't checked his PM's or refuses to reply to me.

How would you react?

call him out, no response??? notify Paypal, i did and got ALL of my money back in 24 hrs!!

I'd wait one more week, due to all of the holidays we had, etc..in late Dec/early Jan, and PM him your concerns one last time.

If you still don't get your wheels, post their name on the forum so that others will be aware of the problem, and hope that helps motivate the seller to send your stuff.

This is a very small community, and there is always a certain element of trust involved when buying/selling merchandise over the net. If somebody out and out rips you off, you can do a search on "Joe Cippola" and spend 2 hours going through that thread for ideas.

If it's just a question of someone waiting a bit longer to send out merchandise that you have paid for, often times a gentle reminder through negative feedback gets them motivated enough to send it out if PM's have failed.

Good luck and keep us up to date. I won't deal with anyone who has a history of taking money, and has to be reminded several times to send products out.

Billy
Montgomery Village, MD

FWIW & IMHO:
If you have sent him E-mails and have received no response, I wouldn't hesitate to post whatever information that you know. If that includes his name, alias, hometown, home adddress, E-mail address, then so be it. It is doubtful that he has been on vaca all of this time. And if he was late shipping, then the least that he could do is notify you. It is interesting that he can't even get a hold of you and let you know the tracking no.
And as Tony above advised, get a hold of penpal and see if they can do any good. And every one of the buick boards, or at least almost every one of these buick boards has at least one person that will act as an intermediate and help you as best as they can.
It all starts with his name, board name, and all the info that you have.
Before blaming yourself for acting in haste, look at it this way, he could have avoided all of this bs simply by notifing you and giving you the shipping info.

I filed a dispute claim with PayPal this morning about this purchase
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142519

***At this point I don't want the wheels***

______I want my money back________

The last time someone did this crap to me I let my credit card company know about it.
It was handled quickly and they stated that by not sending the item right around the date the seller had confirmed the seller had essentially violated the contract for the goods and as such I was entitled to a full refund.

They said that it would be a stain on sellers credit report.

After I was refunded by the credit card company I recieved the goods.
I did not ship the goods back untill I recieved compensation for the shipment costs.

**Remediation1-Darrick Dysland***
If you are reading this you know what's on the way.

You need to conduct buisness in a timely manner and keep your word.

If something goes wrong you have the responsibility to let the buyer know.

I'm usually pretty forgiving but if he said he'd ship 'em later the same week I'd be pissed off NOW! This isn't a small ticket item. There may be extenuating circumstances but if there are he hasn't tried to explain it to you.

I am a impatient SOB and would not wait to long. Having somebody answer e-mails is one thing, however when they just ignore your e-mails and your attempts to find out what the deal is, that just pisses me off. We all work hard for our money and love our cars, if you pay for something you should not have to kiss a.s.s. to receive it. I hate that:rolleyes:

That money came to me harder than you will even know.

Darick Dysland aka Remediation1
darickdysland@wi.rr.com

I just thought I would let you know I just reciever conformation that my clain is being looked into.

Gentleman,
Just for the record you only have 30 days to file a claim at PayPal so waiting any longer before taking action is not an option.

I am also going to let my credit card company know on Monday just to cover the bases.

I will get my money ;)

Darrick just sent me an email.

Said he lost the key to the wheels and had a difficult time getting them off.Also said he sent me an email on Jan 3 letting me know.
I didn't get any email.
He said that they are packaged up and ready to ship Monday.

Or I could get a refund.

He stated that he really only checks this site when he wants to buy or sell something.

My answer...
I want my money.

It isn't over yet.
I haven't seen any additions in my PayPal account yet.

I have moved this thread here because it pertains to a buying and/or selling experiance you had.

Also please read the rules and regulations of this forum in regards to leaving feedback on members & vendors.

You (Crazed1) have not done anything wrong I am just advising you on the rules of this forum and this site. :)

Good luck to both of you and we hope you two can work out your problem.

Jesse

Well Darrick PayPaled me the money today.
Even sent me some extra to make sure PayPal didn't charge me for the funds changing hands.