How hard is it to change the input shaft...

y-hate

Gone In Sixty
I notice the spline at the end of my input shaft is worn, how much will a new one cost and how hard is to replace....any info would do thanks

It's pretty easy to change. Just pull the pump and the O.D. planetary. Pop the snap ring off the shaft at the back of the planetary and it just pulls out.
You can get used ones pretty cheap. Call Chris at CK.

Are you sure your not referring to the factory stator support? The input shft wont wear at the splines its case hardened and very hard. The stock stator support will wear and eventually fail. Its not too bad to change. You will need a press, the stator tube and a T27 torx drive once you remove the pump. It should be pressed in, not hammered in.

The stator support looks ok, just the input shaft looks worn to me..i`ve been trying to find pic for a input shaft so i can compare it to mine but no luck...how deep should the spline on the input shaft be...

The stator support looks ok, just the input shaft looks worn to me..i`ve been trying to find pic for a input shaft so i can compare it to mine but no luck...how deep should the spline on the input shaft be...

post a pic of yours

Here it is. Hard to see splines in pic but they dont look worn to me.

Attachments

• input shaft 001[1].jpg
    input shaft 001[1].jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 122
Thats good news...thanks i was just trying to find out where the ratttle was comming from in the tranny...maybe in the front pump...my quest continues...thanks

Thats good news...thanks i was just trying to find out where the ratttle was comming from in the tranny...maybe in the front pump...my quest continues...thanks
Does it rattle all the time or only when there is torque going through the trans?