How fast is your Hot Air...with what mods??

All I did was rebuild my motor, put in a 204/214 cam, and pop on the intercooler and my car felt instantly fast:biggrin:;)

Yep....the butt dyno gets you everytime then you go to the track and get your feelings hurt. Everbody's fast when they're running by themselves.

Yeah my ass dyno is pretty well tuned. My Formi runs 11.3 @123 and my wifes bird turns 11.6 @119. Both are street driven. My Silverado runs 15.8 and the GN walked it like a dog. Like I said I had a blown exh man gasket when I ran that 16.24 which is under repair as we speak. I'll put $ on it, no other mods than a good tune and It will run solid 14"s. Or i'll FN shoot it. Then if I'm up to spending $ on it she'll get an alki kit.

i can always help you if you need help

Fixed the exhaust manifold gasket and power was still intermittant. Trans hangs up sometimes on 1-2 shift pretty bad. Turned fuel psi up 10psi and car feels better than ever, powers seems very consistant. Working on the trans. Once I get it shifting right I'll be in touch.

lets keep this thread on topic but let me know. i will go over a few things with you. sounds like we need to check fuel pressure for one.

ok, i will post alittle bit about my setup and what it has run so far.

right now that fastest my car has gone is 11.74 @ 115 with a 1.62 60 foot using 275/60R15 ET Street Radials. Air temp was 80 deg, boost avg. 20psi (around 19 till top of 3rd then creeped up) 19 deg, of timing, foot brake lauching, track elevation 1482 feet, converter was slipping at 21% unlocked through the traps @ 6000rpm

I only run my car at the track once a year but will start running it more often. i only make small changes everytime out. anyways

So here is the run down for the most part, i have to much to list. i will list the main things

Zimmerman Built 14 Bolt Motor
CP Pistons
Stock Rods
2 Center Billet Caps
ARP bolts throught
212/212 flat tappet
Ported heads
HD Rocker Shafts
Stock Rockers
Double Roller Chain
ETC,

Ported Intake (basic gasket match)
Ta-54 Turbo (custom made back in the day)
62mm TB
custom 4ich inlet pipe with buickgn cold air kit
Razors alky kit with dual m15 nozzles
poston headers
atr up-pipe
Gbodyparts DP (now i have a custom up-pipe and down-pipe and boost controller but those where not on the car with the times listed)

nick micales tranny awsome tranny nick THANKS(11 sec build, short shifts since it was built for my stock cam)
PTS billet converter 2800-3000 flash (sliped 21% through the traps unlocked)

stock 8.5 rear with 3.42
stock uppers and lowers boxed
stock sway bar

car weighed 3344

Ok well i think that is it. i have other parts on the car that i didnt listed but here is some i know i cant remember everything,

RJC deep oil pan
PTS Deep Trans Pan
Precision remote filter
340 pump
hotwire
adjust regulator
ramchargers fans
caspers fan harness
XFI
caspers xfi adapter
hd u joints
drive shaft loop
a/c removed
55lb injectors
caspers injector hotwire harness
6 point bar
factory interior
hr motor mounts

this was the basic setup i ran that 11.74 pass i have since added

Big downpipe with external Tial gate
AMS 500
HR Parts Double Adj. Uppers
HR Lowers + 1/4
8.5 Bully built 3.42 33spline c/clip elmi. with TA cover and Spool
HR anti sway bar
Hr Trans Crossmember mounts (black)
Alum. Core Support
QA'1's on all 4 corners
Marks Alky pressure transducer setup
Oil and fuel logging for the XFI

and im sure other things that i have already forgoten.

anyways im going to lock the converter this year and turn the boost and timing up. my car should be able to run 10's but i have yet to push it hard. I need a trans brake which i will get next year and i will be moving to one of dustys PTC converters. anyways if you have questions fell free to ask as i dont have anything to hide and im willing to share with people

I have the fuel psi @48 now, took some tension off the TV cable and getting good rubber in second now. Wanted too go to PSCA time trials tommorrow butt have too work. Street legals on the 5th again. We'll see if we can shave some time off this bitch.

Some interesting info and opinions so far...all mods I've done are listed in my sig. Problem is, I never got to drive the car...or ANY turbo car for that matter...before I put them on. (why spend $$$ on stock parts I'm gonna replace anyway??) So my "ass dyno" tells me this car pulls like my 84 NA regal with a 350 SB in it. Cant say for sure that is good or bad. I dunno. Tires don't break loose unless I brake boost it. I've ridden in a couple IC'd cars of other board members, (I know, I know, comparing apples to oranges) and the ass dyno report on theirs almost made a mess of my shorts.:eek: I would assume I could get a little better feeling out of this setup, right??

Some interesting info and opinions so far...all mods I've done are listed in my sig. Problem is, I never got to drive the car...or ANY turbo car for that matter...before I put them on. (why spend $$$ on stock parts I'm gonna replace anyway??) So my "ass dyno" tells me this car pulls like my 84 NA regal with a 350 SB in it. Cant say for sure that is good or bad. I dunno. Tires don't break loose unless I brake boost it. I've ridden in a couple IC'd cars of other board members, (I know, I know, comparing apples to oranges) and the ass dyno report on theirs almost made a mess of my shorts.:eek: I would assume I could get a little better feeling out of this setup, right??

you should have a low 12 sec car IMOP. however we need to get some alky on your car with a alky chip and some boost. how much boost you running? we need to get your car to the track so we can see how ar off your as* dyno is.

you should have a low 12 sec car IMOP. however we need to get some alky on your car with a alky chip and some boost. how much boost you running? we need to get your car to the track so we can see how ar off your as* dyno is.

Right now I have it set to 14-15#. The "not-so-stock turbo" is the one I got from Jamie (Turbo6x2) Honestly, I've never hammered into it long enough to see if I get any KR. Just messed around on the street with it. I've spent this past summer chasing gremlins. Everything from s#!tcanning the Powermaster and switching to Hydroboost, to trying to figure out the fueling issues just to the point of not surging or blowing black soot out of the tailpipes. :eek:(F-ing ground wires anyway:rolleyes:) Now that I have it, for the most part, under control, I want to start dialing in the tune. Alky is at the top of the list. Savin the $$$ for it as we speak. Being in IA and all, I got a few months to save.:rolleyes: Should have it ready in the spring.

sounds good. that turbo should take you pretty far. not sure what she ran with that one but you got one hell of a turbo

Both are right after the turbo adapter. I put them in the intake as far up as I could go. The reason for 2 is the way the intake is designed I want to make sure I got even alky spray on both banks of the intake. I can post pictures when I get home if you want.

you know me brent, i love pics! :D

i was thinking the same thing for my alky setup. 2 on both sides rather than one right at exit of compressor in adapter. did you put yours up high where the x's are? or lower where the o's are? i've just started on the mods on one of my intakes. i've got the egr bump dug out as you see in thepic. i'm now going to build up the aluminum on both sides to a point for a nice even split and polish it out.

but what about, (and has anybody) ever put 2 nozzles on each side at the front of the intake (like where the factory plug is at on the drivers side) up there? seems to me like that would be the best place to spray,.. where the air makes its last turn before the runners

you know me brent, i love pics! :D
i was thinking the same thing for my alky setup. 2 on both sides rather than one right at exit of compressor in adapter. did you put yours up high where the x's are? or lower where the o's are? i've just started on the mods on one of my intakes. .............

Here is some info.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/hot-air-non-intercooled-tech/294894-hot-air-alky-cooling-data.html

............ but what about, (and has anybody) ever but 2 nozzles on each side at the front of the intake (like where the factory
plug is at on the drivers side) up there? seems to me like that would be the best place to spray,.. where the air makes its last turn before the runners

Hope this answers some of your qestions on this subject.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/al...2727-nozzle-placement-iat-sensor-spacing.html

pics

hope these help. as far as putting 2 nozzles in the front of the intake. i dont think that would work that well. it needs distance to help cool the charge the more distance the better the cooling effect. it will help suppress detonation but we need that as well as cooling. my intake is the same as jamies. just a mild port job. i have a few things welded up on mine.

Attachments

• DSCF0383.JPG
    DSCF0383.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 743
  • DSCF0414.JPG
    DSCF0414.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 724
hope these help. as far as putting 2 nozzles in the front of the intake. i dont think that would work that well. it needs distance to help cool the charge the more distance the better the cooling effect. it will help suppress detonation but we need that as well as cooling. my intake is the same as jamies. just a mild port job. i have a few things welded up on mine.

Don't know how to PM. adjusted shiftpoints, things seem to be working real good now. Gonna cruise it this weekend. Wanted too take you up on your offer. Available?

Set Up

ok, i will post alittle bit about my setup and what it has run so far.

right now that fastest my car has gone is 11.74 @ 115 with a 1.62 60 foot using 275/60R15 ET Street Radials. Air temp was 80 deg, boost avg. 20psi (around 19 till top of 3rd then creeped up) 19 deg, of timing, foot brake lauching, track elevation 1482 feet, converter was slipping at 21% unlocked through the traps @ 6000rpm

I only run my car at the track once a year but will start running it more often. i only make small changes everytime out. anyways

So here is the run down for the most part, i have to much to list. i will list the main things

Zimmerman Built 14 Bolt Motor
CP Pistons
Stock Rods
2 Center Billet Caps
ARP bolts throught
212/212 flat tappet
Ported heads
HD Rocker Shafts
Stock Rockers
Double Roller Chain
ETC,

Ported Intake (basic gasket match)
Ta-54 Turbo (custom made back in the day)
62mm TB
custom 4ich inlet pipe with buickgn cold air kit
Razors alky kit with dual m15 nozzles
poston headers
atr up-pipe
Gbodyparts DP (now i have a custom up-pipe and down-pipe and boost controller but those where not on the car with the times listed)

nick micales tranny awsome tranny nick THANKS(11 sec build, short shifts since it was built for my stock cam)
PTS billet converter 2800-3000 flash (sliped 21% through the traps unlocked)

stock 8.5 rear with 3.42
stock uppers and lowers boxed
stock sway bar

car weighed 3344

Ok well i think that is it. i have other parts on the car that i didnt listed but here is some i know i cant remember everything,

RJC deep oil pan
PTS Deep Trans Pan
Precision remote filter
340 pump
hotwire
adjust regulator
ramchargers fans
caspers fan harness
XFI
caspers xfi adapter
hd u joints
drive shaft loop
a/c removed
55lb injectors
caspers injector hotwire harness
6 point bar
factory interior
hr motor mounts

this was the basic setup i ran that 11.74 pass i have since added

Big downpipe with external Tial gate
AMS 500
HR Parts Double Adj. Uppers
HR Lowers + 1/4
8.5 Bully built 3.42 33spline c/clip elmi. with TA cover and Spool
HR anti sway bar
Hr Trans Crossmember mounts (black)
Alum. Core Support
QA'1's on all 4 corners
Marks Alky pressure transducer setup
Oil and fuel logging for the XFI

and im sure other things that i have already forgoten.

anyways im going to lock the converter this year and turn the boost and timing up. my car should be able to run 10's but i have yet to push it hard. I need a trans brake which i will get next year and i will be moving to one of dustys PTC converters. anyways if you have questions fell free to ask as i dont have anything to hide and im willing to share with people

Damn Brent all I can say is........ I wish I was your girl friend so you can spend some of that dough on me.....!!!!!!!:D:biggrin::biggrin:
There is an old saying that money can buy horsepower so you should be running in the 8's. LOL:biggrin:

LOL, and thats not even the whole list. I have to much on my car to list. I just gave up keeping track of it all. Also if i had endless funds i could build something trick for sure, but its not just money its time and tunning as well

Don't know how to PM. adjusted shiftpoints, things seem to be working real good now. Gonna cruise it this weekend. Wanted too take you up on your offer. Available?

ya, sure. i will send you a PM