How fast is your Hot Air...with what mods??

not yet. this year more tunning and more boost. rock solid boost and a locked converter. last year @ 21% slippage is crazy. next year will be better with a T-brake and a new PTC converter.

i havent forgot about this post. im still wondering if i should let the cat out of the bag now or wait till i go to the track on the 24 so i can post some real #'s ;)

I am betting the farm..... humm, Brent has busted the 10 sec zone......:eek:
With your last mods, it was a matter of time.....:D OK... I will act surprised when you post:cool:;)

nope, no 10's yet (i wish). dont think that will happen till next year since my shift points are way to low and the converter is slipping way to much. i need more track time. anyways we will see what happens this year. goal is faster then 11.50's, you guys know me slowly go faster and faster. dont need to rush it.

i havent forgot about this post. im still wondering if i should let the cat out of the bag now or wait till i go to the track on the 24 so i can post some real #'s ;)

Ah.....but will you still share your results even if you don't do so good?

I wil post up my results after the event or maybe at night, when the track closes and I'm camping out. Should be mid to low 11's this year. We shall see how the car responds to 5-10 more pounds of boost then last year and more timing. Last year 20psi and 19 deg. Of timing soft launch off the foot brake 1.62 60 11.74 at 115 last year

Good Luck Dude

Well as I think I said once before 115mph is good enough for 11.50-60's. I've been 114 but with suck arse 1.90-2.xx 60fts. Nothing wrong with your 60ft and mph is good, must be making all the power on the big end and not out the whole. If you run any faster through the traps you could be getting down to the 11.20-40 range but that would require 117-118mph. think you can do it?

yes i think i can trap atleast 118-120. the first day out last year car was running 110 all day at 80 deg. weather. that night with no other changes car went 115. so with that being said colder air was helping big time. also as far as making the power on the big end i agree. got some boost creep up top and with the current tranny its short shifting. the trans was setup for a stock cam. i have a 212/212 and it likes to be reved above 5500. current shift points are around 5000-5100

If you get to 118-122mph, you will run in the 10's.... With your changes and a governor change to bang off 4900-5300 shift, you should be very close to 10's.... I am still betting the farm:D

we will see. if not this year next year for sure. anyways i can post my mods if anyone wants me to. or i can wait till after the event. right now most of you guys know my setup. i dont hide anything.

My track #'s are painfully slow. One run two weeks ago 16.24 @ 85. Almost got beat by a Scion. Developed exh man leak few days before event. I felt the car should run mid 14's. The last owner had a bag full of slips from 14.4 to 14.8 @94. The engine is stock, has KB cold air, gutted cat, chip of unknown origens, cat back system, adj FP reg and pushes 17lbs. I really have a hard time handling 16 sec slips. I've always owned sleepers, this is my first car that every one asumes will haul ass butt does'nt.

My track #'s are painfully slow. One run two weeks ago 16.24 @ 85. Almost got beat by a Scion. Developed exh man leak few days before event. I felt the car should run mid 14's. The last owner had a bag full of slips from 14.4 to 14.8 @94. The engine is stock, has KB cold air, gutted cat, chip of unknown origens, cat back system, adj FP reg and pushes 17lbs. I really have a hard time handling 16 sec slips. I've always owned sleepers, this is my first car that every one asumes will haul ass butt does'nt.

A quick fix for you.......switch to intercooled and all your problems will be solved.:D Don't believe the hype I'm just being sarcastic. There is no substitution for a properly tuned car no matter what the set up. I can personally testify dropping 2 seconds off my time slip just by doing a little tuning. I went from 15.XX to 13.xx.

I just noticed your engine in another post. I am really impressed with your accomplishment. You got a 85 in the 10's with the parts stated. Hooker headers and a SPEARCO are really old school....:cool: The 85 Mass air through me for a loop:eek: All in all, I am really impressed that you used parts most guys get rid of.... except for the Champion heads. Great work.... Next time you put it on the Bumper... video it... that is a rarety for such a car:cool:

and with a stock elbow too :eek: i agree with you cwmccray, intercooled, but still a pretty neat setup. the red really jumps out at you

84 t type upgrades... How fast?

Well im almost done with the work on my 84 t type i have a edelbrock performer cam, 42.5 injectors, 87 ecm, module, hot wire kit, spearco front mount intercooler, valve job took .010 off heads and turbo tweek chip. How fast do you guys think she will go?

Well im almost done with the work on my 84 t type i have a edelbrock performer cam, 42.5 injectors, 87 ecm, module, hot wire kit, spearco front mount intercooler, valve job took .010 off heads and turbo tweek chip. How fast do you guys think she will go?

15.xx because all that stuff don't mean a thing if you can't tune it.:D:biggrin:
Just because you pop on an intercooler and a cam doesn't make you instantly fast.

15.xx because all that stuff don't mean a thing if you can't tune it.:D:biggrin:
Just because you pop on an intercooler and a cam doesn't make you instantly fast.

All I did was rebuild my motor, put in a 204/214 cam, and pop on the intercooler and my car felt instantly fast:biggrin:;)

im going to put a better fuel pump, hot wire kit and adjustable waste gate. And tune it. I hope it will haul ass, It has to be alot faster then it was when i bought it. It had a flat lifter and was a dog.:smile:Any tuning tips from you guys would be great.:cool:

i can always help you if you need help

That's music to my ears. Pulled the driver side manifold today and the gasket was split in half right in the front of the first cylinder. Pulled the plugs and they looked great. The upper A arm bushings under the down pipe were wasted so I'm replacing them too. Also putting new master cylinder in. I will for sure get in touch for some tunning advice/help. I know this car can pull low to mid 14's.