how does this sound buick gurus

mattsTurboT

hey guys im looking to buy a motor for my 87 turbo t.. i was thinking about buying this motor so far this is what i know about it.

1986 GN 3.8 Turbo Engine.
Rebuilt by professional buick engine builder in Camden, NJ. dan smith. Standard Bore, completely
assembled from intake manifold to oil pan. Water pump, cam sensor and crank sensor already installed.
Oil pump is primed and engine is ready to start.
$2400 or best offer
It was rebuilt because it spun a bearing. It had 34,000 miles on it when the bearing went.
The motor does not have a girdle and has stock main caps.Anything that was needed to
be done was done . the head were done. three angle valve job new seals
, springs checked .new timing chain and gears new oil pump new lifters, stock cam which checked good
. block is standard bore new rings rods checked crank is 010 mains and rods .
engine has cam sensor installed and set .crank sensor, installed intake manifold on along with waterpump
lik I said the oil pump is primed and the motor is ready to start

please tell me if everything seems ok.. im just going to run this motor with a stock or ta49 turbo. and run maybe 18-20 lbs boost. nothing crazy.. anyone please give feedback.

Sounds about right, being a long block, that's a good price - just make sure you trust the builder.

86 in an 87

hey thanks for the reply..

another question.. this 86 motor will be going in an 87 turbo t.. isnt SOMETHING different with the wiring harness or egr or ecm..im going to be hooking it up to my 87 wiring harness..

thanks

It's "midnight Grey Metallic" It's actually the dark gray off of a 2000 Lincoln LS.

Funny thing is, there's a guy (on this board too) down in Texas that happened to paint his the EXACT same color. Whodda thunk.

It's the best dark gray I've ever seen

Originally posted by mattsTurboT
hey guys im looking to buy a motor for my 87 turbo t.. i was thinking about buying this motor so far this is what i know about it.

1986 GN 3.8 Turbo Engine.
Rebuilt by professional buick engine builder in Camden, NJ. dan smith.

Danny is one of the more competent engine builders in the area. He did my engine, and did a few other locals, many in the 600hp range. Go for it.

Just dont tell Danny he's "pretty" hahahah