How do you adjust back of driver's seat

carguy

I have a 86 t-type and the driver's seat leans back too far for me. Is there anyway of adjusting it, it isn't a power seat.

Mine if fixed in pimp mode...a lil too far back. No matter what I try it returns to the same place as if you cant change the back pitch.
I thought I was the only one.

If I remember correct, only the left side of the seat holds the seat back from tilting, the right side is just a pivot point. I had a 93 GMC that has a similiar seat mechanism, that was real bad, I took it apart and bent the bracket back to the correct position, just not a very sturdy bracket.

My GN seats have the same problem, only way to fix would be to remove the seat, remove the cover, and fabricate some kind of a bracket reinforcement to keep it from bending.

If your a bigger guy and lean back hard in these seats, it doesnt take much to bend the seat back, not cool.......

mine too

I have owned 10 Regals of various models from 1981 to 1987 and every one with a bench seat leaned too far back as far as I was concerned! My trick is to put a 3/4" thick or a 2 by 4 cut to length and put it in between where the back part of the seat rests against the bottom cushion...problem solved! It looks kinda tacky but what else can you do when the back rest is not of the tilting variety!