How can you tell a cam's going bad??

87gninpa

Just wondering if there are any sure signs of a cam wearing down. Every tiem i come to a stop, the cars stutters for a sec then goes back to normal. All sensors are fine and ignition is fine too. Just wondering if a worn cam coudl do this..

cam problems most likely to be noted at high rpms.....popping etc. not at low engine speeds. pop your valve covers.....have someone turn the engine over (plugs removed helps) watch your rockers and check for movement. this would not be accurate to assess general wear but would certainly allow you to see if you had a bad lobe or two (those rockers will not be moving normally)

thanks, i guess its ok, it pulls very hard at high rpms....but ill pull the covers and check anyways any ideas what low end stuttering could be? i know i have header crakcs, could that be it?

is possible, those must be fixed first, then go from there, there are not shortcuts with these cars

Mine had a bad miss at part throttle. I found 1 rocker on the affected cyclinder not moving at all. I don't know how I wiped the cam so badly. I had probably 30k miles on a flat tappet Comp Cam 206/206.

Through everyones suggestions, ive found that i definately do not have a worn cam lobe. Could headers cracks cause this?? i know i have few and im replacing the headers this week.