How can Paypal hold/steal my money?

tim87tr

Obsession or Digression?
I'm sure it's in the fine print, but I was paid $393 on a parts sale transaction, and these a$$holes at Paypal placed a temporary hold on the funds (a couple days after receipt) claiming it may have came from an authorized source:confused: They sent me an email saying the money will be held until an investigation is complete...what is this bs? And now I'm supposed to send them all this information they requested because they've taken MY money. Definitely my last transaction by Paypal no matter what the problem is....Sellers BEWARE!

I would call Paypal and argue w/ them until they give in....it worked for me. And since then I have rarely used Paypal for anything.

PayPal sucks and is a huge scam.
It gives you a false sense of security (with their "guarentee")...when there is a problem, they refer you to alot of fine print that says "your screwed".

In my case - I payed for something via PP and when I got it, it was non functional. The seller refused to work with me so I went through PP for help....their response "we only guartee delivery". It doesn't even have to be the item sold...it could ba an empty box as long as the seller shipped you something...I ended up doing a charge back on them (HA HA HA!) and then I got banned...good riddance!

Sorry man - basically, you're screwed until THEY decide your fate for you..

Pay Pal is gettig a lot of bad responses and you can read them if you do a search on the web. My better judgement says not to use PP for my Mustang Suspension business and I have held off-thank goodness! A business owner on the V-Rod forums didn't get his money (thousands!) from PP either for a VERY long time and I don't know if he ever did. IMO, it's definitely becoming more of a scam.. I know others have good things to say about PP but I don't trust them with my hard earned $$$$$$$$$..

ks:cool:

Been using Paypal since it started. Knock on wood but no problems so far. Really hate to do the merchant credit card account thing at this point.

Im the one who paid.I talked to a lady at pay pal for over an hour and explained to her my situation and she said she needs bank records,etc,I was like,I live in another country then she agreed if I faxed her a copy of:

my passport
DL with AL shipping address
and CC (which is based in Cayman and thats what made it look suspicious since shipping was to AL)
Cayman Islands DL

Theyd take car of it.Guess what,they sent me an email and still want more info.Also made me pay the $1.95.Now they still want utility bills,bank account records, etc.

As soon as my voice over IP charges up,im not getting off the phone with them till this is straight.

I paid both Cal Hartline and Tim,and now there money is in hold because paypal are idiots:mad: They froze the whole account so the CC is usless plus I wasted $13usd on sending the fax:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've done quite a bit through Paypal and haven't had any problems so far, as soon as someone pays me and it hits my account I transfer it out of the Paypal account just incase this kind of crap would happen:mad: Good Luck..

Don't think you are safe if you transfer it! They can go right into the linked account and take it... in some cases they have been able to freeze BOTH accounts ENTIRELY until the issue is resolved.

It's all in the fine print... It is a little better since eBay bought them but I still have not (knocking wood) had a problem with thousands in transactions.

I am wary of it all though and would open a vendor account if I did alot of business.

A way to get around it though is to open a completely seperate account and make a double transfer i.e. transfer it to the dummy account and then to your own account... they cannot touch an account that is not linked to a Paypal account

Good luck guys!

Paypal informs me they held a fraudulent transaction

Paypal has sent me an email and told me on the phone that the card charge held because it was reported by the card holder as an invalid charge. I have posted a feedback thread to get the situation resolved. The buyer is resposible to get the funds to the seller in a timely manner, especially after receiving the item (in this case the turbo). I wish Paypal would not wait two days to decide and put the hold on the money and take it from the sellers/my acct. That is why I state "Seller Beware!"

Here is the feedback thread:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134091