Hottest Collector Car Under $25k

mmarlett

Hagerty and Yahoo Auto News rate the Buick Grand National, 3/18/2014.

Correct forum for this post, maybe not. However, I know members visit this forum often and would find this informative.

From the article by Rob Sass..."If you haven’t noticed, the classic car market is hot right now. The formerly quiet entry level of the market is fully awake, and cars that formerly sailed under the radar are now commanding attention. Here are seven of our favorite new Ford Focus-priced classics that won’t be affordable for long:

1. 1987 Buick Regal Grand National: Darth Vader’s official car (most were black), the turbo V-6 Regal was one of the few non-V-8 cars that the primarily baby-boomer muscle-car crowd took an immediate shine to. They’ve never been cheap, but that’s how current prices will seem in a few years when the Gen-Xers who wanted them new start pumping money into the collector car world."

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/seven-hottest-collector-cars-under-25-000-151939667.html

Regards,
Matt

Top of the list for us! Wouldn't find having a few of the cars from the list.

I almost just replied...but then I read the replies again....can't contribute....as dumb as I can be....I can't compete with 90% of that.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I once knew a guy I was in highschool with that had a aunt and she lived next to this guy who owned a white gnx it was the only gnx made in 84. They made 547 white ones in 87. The secret was that the fastest ones were actually the 87 limited. They were twin turbo with a jet engine in the trunk. -_-

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Small shot of nitrous will get you in the 11's.......I had to step away from the computer for ten minutes. Almost pizzed myself.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Well,I fit that bill !!!!! I drooled over them sitting lined up at the Buick dealers,wishing I could have bought one new !!! Had to wait until 1992 to buy one one.Still,never getting the satisfaction of buying one new,fullfilled that quest and bought another one last year with 1,400 miles,windows never rolled down,still smells vividly new inside !!!! It is a museum piece to me,still haven't driven it yet(except for bringing it home),plan to drive maybe 30 miles a year or so to go thru the warm up cycles.
I,as well as most people who collect cars out there know these aren't around often,so when they come up,you have to act.Reading that article makes me glad I did buy it !!!!
I have said recently that it is not uncommon now to see clean GN's with low/average miles in the $20k up range now.