HOTAIRGNX548 1/8 MILE TIME

Well that intake must work better than the other intake that was on your old motor since you sold it to mark stadt...

The I win engineering one......

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Can't say for sure, didn't have 6 egt probes to watch egts like I do now. Wish I would have to see what cylinder number 4 was doing.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Pat I was just letting Boostmaster know the placement I had tried before trying to get the air temps down. I had my iat sensor in the front of the intake near the radiator thermostat Housing. John

I know that I was just stating some of my thoughts.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here's the latest on my hot air emgine. Ran at the track a couple of weeks ago blew a h/g melted the top of the block and the head. I either have a bad driver in my ecm or the engine harness injector connector not making good contact in #3 cylinder. Bottom line going to be thrashing this weekend to get engine Built and in car for the Nationals. I'm retiring from raceing. I'll just be driving my 500 h/p hot air on the street on nice days of course. I've had a great time in the almost 30 years I've raced this car. John See ya in Bowling Green next week.

Wow, John. Sorry to hear that:sick:

I understand where you're coming from about just driving your car and not racing it. With everything that's gone on with mine, racing isn't on the top of my list either. I'm still going to race it, just not nearly as much as I had in the past.

I'm riding up to the nationals with Pat (SloGN) on Wednesday, so see you there.

Here's the latest on my hot air emgine. Ran at the track a couple of weeks ago blew a h/g melted the top of the block and the head. I either have a bad driver in my ecm or the engine harness injector connector not making good contact in #3 cylinder. Bottom line going to be thrashing this weekend to get engine Built and in car for the Nationals. I'm retiring from raceing. I'll just be driving my 500 h/p hot air on the street on nice days of course. I've had a great time in the almost 30 years I've raced this car. John See ya in Bowling Green next week.
Sorry to hear your blow up. I have been down the same road and learned my lesson. After my blown head gasket I spent my last free money making my hot air bullet proof. The first step in the rebuild was a roller cam-insurance. The next was ARP studs and a steel cometic head gaskets.
The tune is where the real safety comes in. Disconnect all vacuum line to the waste gate solenoid-leave it plugged in. Run the waste gate actuator vacuum line directly from the turbo. Adjust max boost to 20lbs via the nut on the waste gate actuator rod. This precludes any hiccups. Adjust the AFR to rich and spray meth. I get zero knock at max power and g0 12.6 in the quarter. Never go back to the track. Three years later after the rebuild engine purrs really nice and has power. Ask Jerryl. Also, keep timing to 16 degrees

Sorry to hear your blow up. I have been down the same road and learned my lesson. After my blown head gasket I spent my last free money making my hot air bullet proof. The first step in the rebuild was a roller cam-insurance. The next was ARP studs and a steel cometic head gaskets.
The tune is where the real safety comes in. Disconnect all vacuum line to the waste gate solenoid-leave it plugged in. Run the waste gate actuator vacuum line directly from the turbo. Adjust max boost to 20lbs via the nut on the waste gate actuator rod. This precludes any hiccups. Adjust the AFR to rich and spray meth. I get zero knock at max power and g0 12.6 in the quarter. Never go back to the track. Three years later after the rebuild engine purrs really nice and has power. Ask Jerryl. Also, keep timing to 16 degrees
Thanks Brad I had another hicup they sent me 3.40 rings for my 3.845 bore engine so need to make some 3.50 bore rings looks like I'll be driving my Pontiac g8gt to the nationals. See ya! John

ings

great job on the pass sir!

does anybody still mess with the JS manufacturing set up anymore? the one i built worked well, just looking for input from other users.

great job on the pass sir!

does anybody still mess with the JS manufacturing set up anymore? the one i built worked well, just looking for input from other users.
I'm not familiar with the JS manufactoring setup please detail particulars. John

Dang I hope u get it done this week and make it out

I'm not familiar with the JS manufactoring setup please detail particulars. John
it basically guts the stock intake, mounts a 86-87 modified upper plenum on top with the turbo in the stock location then pipes around to the front mount T/B or added intercooler.
i was able to fit a te63 in the stock location.
this is the one i built for my 85 T several years ago, i ended up going front mount on mine.
i am thinking of building another but leaving it hotair this time....

000_0509.jpg 000_0623.jpg 000_0624.jpg intake conv. 3.jpg DSC00427sml.JPG

Last edited:
it basically guts the stock intake, mounts a 86-87 modified upper plenum on top with the turbo in the stock location then pipes around to the front mount T/B or added intercooler.
i was able to fit a te63 in the stock location.
this is the one i built for my 85 T several years ago, i ended up going front mount on mine.
i am thinking of building another but leaving it hotair this time....

View attachment 237035 View attachment 237036 View attachment 237037 View attachment 237038 View attachment 237039
There are many that use that setup. I have two complete setups right now. I really like the throttle response and the way the car now responds. No times as of yet. I have the same idea, one for intercooler and the other as a Hot Air. I currently have a TA61 turbo and 55lbs injectors in my setup.

There are many that use that setup. I have two complete setups right now. I really like the throttle response and the way the car now responds. No times as of yet. I have the same idea, one for intercooler and the other as a Hot Air. I currently have a TA61 turbo and 55lbs injectors in my setup.

i remember they sold about 10 or 15 of them, the set up worked well for me......i no longer have that car anymore. so its time to build a new one.

The J&S box is a way to control knock. It's got a lot of advantages, like individual control of each cylinder if it knocks. It's got a ton of features and at least 1 of the B4black guys is using it. I know Norbs is also using it and the owner is a member of the board.

The J&S box is a way to control knock. It's got a lot of advantages, like individual control of each cylinder if it knocks. It's got a ton of features and at least 1 of the B4black guys is using it. I know Norbs is also using it and the owner is a member of the board.
actually i was refering to the intake manifold conversion that some guys did, like pictured in my previous post.
i was just curious if the guys that bought them are still liking them......

You can get a 86-87 intake and mod the bonnet and still be good. I have done a few. The only thing is to get a machine shop to mod the upper bonnet. As far as guys that have this system, many still have them or have upgraded. I think 11.30 was as fast as I have heard some one had been (DENNISTNX).

You can get a 86-87 intake and mod the bonnet and still be good. I have done a few. The only thing is to get a machine shop to mod the upper bonnet. As far as guys that have this system, many still have them or have upgraded. I think 11.30 was as fast as I have heard some one had been (DENNISTNX).

does the big heat shield/ turbo mount fit the 86/87 intakes or does a new turbo mount need to be fabed up as well? modding the upper plenum is easy....it seemed to be better quality aluminum than our 84/85 intakes.....