HOTAIRGNX548 1/8 MILE TIME

It doesn't matter what is truly revealed. Pat and John could list every single step and show pictures of every part and yet many would attempt to duplicate it and be a half second slower when everything they needed was right there. An e85 converted 84-85 has just about as much potential as an 86-87. Even a 93 alky 84-85 has a lot of potential as several have shown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what is truly revealed. Pat and John could list every single step and show pictures of every part and yet many would attempt to duplicate it and be a half second slower when everything they needed was right there. An e85 converted 84-85 has just about as much potential as an 86-87. Even a 93 alky 84-85 has a lot of potential as several have shown.
It's not magic......it just takes times.....

And no a intercooler don't make it happen all at once either like some folks think.......

A big congrats to you john . I can't wait to see us in Bg brother.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go John, you car running great! I’m hoping to get a 6 second pass in the future as well. Just can’t seem to shake a long string of bad luck with my car

Eric... with Pat and Richard on your Team, it WILL HAPPEN SOON;):D:p. You, like Leeo, Jamie, Brent and John have paid your "dues".

The statement that this is a brutal forum is correct.
The cheap, easy way to make a HA car run is a mystery to most HA car owners
and that is why I went with with the 86/87 intakes and 3" D/P's to get what I wanted.
It worked for me and now with alky injection and bigger turbos, I am happy.
Congrats to John. Great job!

Hey Mark... Good to see you still at it. I have too many parts now.. I have to get my MONEY PIT out of Storage. I have three completely different combos ready to go.. just have to get off my azz and do it..

As usual, BISON you are correct. I am a Engineer by trade and I came across a SAE paper on Buick and Methanol.
"Conversion of 1984 Buick Turbo
Regal to Use Methanol (M-85) as a Motor F u e l , " SAE Paper # 861592,
Society of Automotive Engineers, Warrendale, Pennsylvania, October,

I cannot post the paper, but it did detail over a year and a half of research on 4 converted Hot Airs to Methanol. Modifications did not include down pipe, exhaust or any of our standard mods. They did mod the tank to 28 gallons, dual bosch pumps and propane to inject methanol (Ironically, propane was chosen also to help with cold weather starting. They also had 2 regulars T Type for comparison. The 4 T Types produced 250hp/350 tq. Got better emissions than the 2 regular T Types. Down side was using more fuel, thus the 28 gallon tank(E85) vs Regal standard 18 gallon (Gas).

The following year, they got the (5) 86 T Type and converted them. 300+hp/400tq. More mods

E v a l u a t i o n of M85-Furled 1987 Turbo B u i c k R e g a l s ,
EPA Technical Report Number EPAfAAfCTABf87-07, United States
Environmental Protection Agency, Ann Arbor, Michigan, December,

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric... with Pat and Richard on your Team, it WILL HAPPEN SOON;):D:p. You, like Leeo, Jamie, Brent and John have paid your "dues".

Thanks Chuck, both Pat and Richard are awesome resources for sure and helped me out beyond belief. Without going through a lot of detail, I can't get in the car and drive it anywhere without some breaking. It's about 50% 29 year old parts just going bad and the other 50% is my own stupidity. Once I feel comfortable that I have this bad mojo behind me I'll be at the track.

Thanks Chuck, both Pat and Richard are awesome resources for sure and helped me out beyond belief. Without going through a lot of detail, I can't get in the car and drive it anywhere without some breaking. It's about 50% 29 year old parts just going bad and the other 50% is my own stupidity. Once I feel comfortable that I have this bad mojo behind me I'll be at the track.
Been there... more times that I care to say also:(. Nasty girlfriend tried to sell her behind my back... Friends "adjusting" things without my ok or knowledge... That "Bad Mojo" won't last always ;)

Hey, Chuck, Yeah, I'm still at it! The 84 is down for a rebuild.
Little tick in the engine turned out to be part of the rod bearing MIA!
Going back with a roller cam setup & new pistons/bearings!
The beat goes on!
Mark

When you do make sure you post up the step by step process for everyone to copy and a parts list also.;)
Wouldn't want all "YOUR" hard work to go to waste.:D

Well there will be some custom parts, like everything exhaust wise. Maybe I'll do it with 2 stock 86/87 Turbos since they seem to be cheap and available. I wouldn't hide any info at all, it will be pretty straight forward, slimest electric fans you can run, and move the turbos forward, probably redo the accessory pulleys , flip the manifolds forward facing. I'm pretty far from being even close to modding my stock engine, first I'm working on the body, so this is years away lol.

Heres step one

1.) Buy a welder

Eric nice to hear from you. I know what you mean about 30 year old parts my car left me stranded reciently $60 a pop to get home finally found problem bad injector harness. Turbo wheel ate up by spark plug pieces put a new 62/66 in it and Pat and Richard worked on my intake. Hope my problems are gone also. Hope you can make the Nationals this year with your car. Looking forward to some cooler weather raceing it was hot saturday. John

Eric nice to hear from you. I know what you mean about 30 year old parts my car left me stranded reciently $60 a pop to get home finally found problem bad injector harness. Turbo wheel ate up by spark plug pieces put a new 62/66 in it and Pat and Richard worked on my intake. Hope my problems are gone also. Hope you can make the Nationals this year with your car. Looking forward to some cooler weather raceing it was hot saturday. John

I hope you get some better times at the Nationals in October... Better yet, show those Corvette guys some tail lights;)

John, I was going to say that my car never left me stranded, however I just recalled 3 1/2 months ago all the oil being pumped out of my crank case through (believe it or not) the factory oil pressure sensor. I was going to the track and decided to get on it to check the tune and the car started smoking like a freight train. Pulled over, called Richard and Pat with the word HELP! Richard brought his flatbed to the spot, we took the car back to the shop, put oil in it and started it to find the oil leak. Oil started shooting out the oil pressure sensor. We pulled the oil pan and did a spot check of the bearings (which were prefect thank god), replaced the sensor and off I went home.

That's just a sample of how things have been going to me lately.

Once again Richard and Pat were my heroes

BTW John, please take this advice and DO NOT mount a fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail. It will not live because of the underhood heat. Run a steel braided fuel line to the side of the engine bay and then attach the sensor there. Ask Julio (AlkyControl) how many sensors I bought from him to find this nugget out.

BTW John, please take this advice and DO NOT mount a fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail. It will not live because of the underhood heat. Run a steel braided fuel line to the side of the engine bay and then attach the sensor there. Ask Julio (AlkyControl) how many sensors I bought from him to find this nugget out.
Eric--Thanks for the tip I just moved it to the Master cylinder area will that surfice? Haveing one hell of a time getting the the correction factor in f3 in power logger. John

Hi John, that should be fine to next to the master cylinder. I have mine over next to the windshield wiper fluid reservoir.
The short story is that I bought 3 pressure transducers from Julio. One for alky pressure, one for oil pressure and one for fuel pressure. When I’d go to the track and make some passes and the fuel pressure transducer would quit working. All the other transducers were fine, so I replaced it and it also failed at the track. After having a conversation with Julio we decided to move the fuel pressure transducer from the fuel rail to a location away from the top of the engine. It’s been working great every since.

. . . decided to move the fuel pressure transducer from the fuel rail to a location away from the top of the engine. It’s been working great every since.
Hey Eric,
I have been lucky and have run a Caspers sensor for about 5-6 years on the rail. No issues. (fingers crossed).
I'm probably not making enough power. (jk)

Great job John. G Body does the ported intakes you can just order one from them. He took the time to do this and deserves the support.

Great job John. G Body does the ported intakes you can just order one from them. He took the time to do this and deserves the support.

He already has a broughtons performance unit

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Jamie ...Pat and Richard did my intake and you are right I love it also put a 62/66 precision on it after my turbo wheel got ate up by some spark plug straps. I think I'm getting close to 10 sec run had a problem Sat night and didn't get any alchol durning the run but I think I have the problem solved. Say Hi to Karl for me. See ya soon ! John

First congrats John that is awesome!

Second there has some comments made that were truly uncalled for.

Only a few people are out there helping out the Hot Air folks and Pat is one of them. A simple search on SloGN one would find write ups , videos, pics and fact based comments Pat has contributed. His car has been a test for products and he has done quite of few things people have said can't be done.

He has a 9 sec daily driven GN that he will drive an hour or, two to the track race it, autocross it whatever , then drive home in ice cold AC and a jamming stereo system, it's not built from someone's List of go fast parts but from breaking his own. Drive or tow your car's to Richards shop anytime you'll find him flowing testing working on power masters pulling motors and trannys, call him on the phone and he is ALWAYS there for someone! I haven't seen him get paid or hide secrets but at the track you'll see him working on several peoples cars and helping them tune, He is just,that kind of guy to the Turbo Buick community and deserving of appreciation!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app