HOTAIRGNX548 1/8 MILE TIME

hotairgnx548

hotairgnx548
I went to the track tonight. After 2 runs(11.50s) without any data from my power logger. I made and recorded a pass.Launched at 25lbs boost . I must have had it in 2nd gear and I got out of it. It ran11.169 @ 101 mph the following is the short time 1.58 60ft 4.431 330 ft 6.877 @ 99.53in the 1/8 personal best. Many thanks to Pat (slogn)& Richard Clark for their work on my hot air intake. I'm stoked. John

11.1 in the 1/4
the 1/8 mile time is posted, 6.87 @99mph
this is a HOTAIR car too

Great run !!

Bryan

I'm a little confused John. You ran an 11.1 in the 1/8th and you're happy?

I am not confused. I am happy for John.. Based on calculations, John has joined the 10's Club....;)

Your 1/4 Mile ET is 10.84 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 6.88 seconds.
Your 1/4 Mile MPH is 123.42 MPH computed from your vehicle 1/8th MPH of 99.53 MPH.

If it had not been for his illness last year, he would have got it earlier :banghead:. My hat is off to you for your hard work and determination... Now go and get some more seat time....:D:p

That's pretty dang quick, not many can say they ran that on a hotair motor. Nicely done.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm a little confused John. You ran an 11.1 in the 1/8th and you're happy?
Charlie need to read the whole post 6.87 @99.53 was the 1/8 mile time I aborted the run when I over reved it because it was still in 2nd gear so I was on one hell of a pass. Yes its a hot air click on the picture of the engine in the picture to the left. John

Congrats John, now that's movin' it down the road. Can't wait for you to hit the magic number. On a side note was the intake the only change?

P.S. How much boost and timing were you running?

Congratulations John!!! It's been a long time coming. With all the time, money, and dedication that you have devoted to obtaining this goal, YOU ARE THERE! I hope to be there next time out, when you pick up that long desired 10 second time slip.

I went to the track tonight. After 2 runs(11.50s) without any data from my power logger. I made and recorded a pass.Launched at 25lbs boost . I must have had it in 2nd gear and I got out of it. It ran11.169 @ 101 mph the following is the short time 1.58 60ft 4.431 330 ft 6.877 @ 99.53in the 1/8 personal best. Many thanks to Pat (slogn)& Richard Clark for their work on my hot air intake. I'm stoked. John

Hell yeah John...

I'm glad that intake was the last little piece to the puzzle that you needed.......

Who says a hot air can't fly......

Another broughton's performance touch...

Hell yeah John...

I'm glad that intake was the last little piece to the puzzle that you needed.......

Pat did you gut the intake or just port it?

Congrats John, now that's movin' it down the road. Can't wait for you to hit the magic number. On a side note was the intake the only change?

P.S. How much boost and timing were you running?
BOOST WAS 28+ TIMING 24.8 IN 1ST & 2ND. Gutted and flowed intake and 62/66 turbo I've got to remember to put it in drive after the burn out wonder what it will do in good air. John

Hell yeah John...

Pat thanks again I really like what you did and this was the 1st time I have run it with out the intermittent miss which I think was a bad injector harness which I recently replaced. John

I am not confused. I am happy for John.. Based on calculations, John has joined the 10's Club....;)

Your 1/4 Mile ET is 10.84 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 6.88 seconds.
Your 1/4 Mile MPH is 123.42 MPH computed from your vehicle 1/8th MPH of 99.53 MPH.

If it had not been for his illness last year, he would have got it earlier :banghead:. My hat is off to you for your hard work and determination... Now go and get some more seat time....:D:p
Thanks Chuck guess what I actually shut it off before the 1/8 mile. John

Yes sir.......

Thanks for for posting up that awesome numbers ......

No sense in hiding it......I think I can see ya smiling from nc......

If that sixty foot was a 1.50 it would have prolly been a very high 6.60......

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Thats awesome! It gives us hot air guys hope! Any pictures of the hot air intake mods? I hope its not secret magic that can not be told lol, I mean theres not many of these hot airs so why not share :)