Hotair or Not?

Is an 84/85 TR with an Intercooler considered a Hotair?

• Yes, it's still a Hotair

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • No, it has an Intercooler

Votes: 52 85.2%

• Total voters
Not hot air

Intercooled = NOT hot air IMO

Everyone on this forum is great, love the passion and the builds! The quality of cars and modifications are awesome!

Eric,
There is an ATR bar FS under FAST Classic!
Conrad

Eric,
There is an ATR bar FS under FAST Classic!
Conrad

Thanks Conrad, I saw that as well. The first time around I thought you offered me your's for $75, that one's twice the price.

We also have good taste in naming our son's. Both are "Adam".

I would say it is a HA car converted to IC- thus as it is currently... it would be a IC car- put the original engine back in it would be a HA car.

As mentioned above- if alky is considered intercooling then the guys that are running IC cars on alky are "interintercooled" or "dual intercooled"... I don't think so... my .02

Agreed!

The examples of effort of our community are easily seen by the examples of beautiful cars shown on this section of the board. Alot of creativity too! Unfortunately for me the day I paint my car some local 15 year old gang member will steal it.

I have gotten used to seeing my '84 GN in black primer for so long that I am contemplating a Matte Black paint job when I finally do give in to painting it. :biggrin:

Wish I had thought of "Cool Air" 2 years ago. "Cold Air" was already taken at the time. My car is a hot air car with an intercooled engine. I cannot make it a cold air car anymore than I can make it a GNX. And yes, I'm having some fun with all this. But, at 63 years young, I have learned to enjoy life's little pleasures. Enjoy the journey. No body gets out of here alive. Love your car, love your family, and love your friends.
Conrad Carter
Original owner of my "Hot" air GN

Well Conrad, I’d concede to call your car a Hot Air hybrid but not a true Hot Air. As stated before, exterior and interior wise you’re on the money for a Hot Air (however the big fuel cell sticking out the bottom of your trunk definitely gives everyone the impression you’re ready for business). I’d consider my car a modified Hot Air, it’s not 100% stock but much closer in representation.

Only in these discussions does there seem to be a debate about whether adding chemicals in the air track is considered Intercooling or not. I feel safe in saying the majority of the world considers an Intercooler a device that cools the air without inserting chemicals into the air itself.

You may consider yourself “Hot”, but you’ll always be “Cool” to me.

Interesting thread, I bought my car new, 2-84. My 13, 11 & 9 yr old boys all came home from the hospital in it, now we are starting to turn up the wick...

Chuck

SMC Alky IC

I still have my SMC (Version 2--rectangular tank) Alky Injection Intercooler system available for sale==$165 + Shpg...Hooray for legal chemically-enhanced performance boosters...

To Whom It May Concern,
When I pop my hood, I don't see an intercooler. There are no badges indentifying it as an "intercooled" car. Since Eric has alcohol injection, which is a chemical intercooler and in plain view, I guess he is no longer a hot air car! When I went looking for a TB.COM name, "Hot Air" was not taken and since my car was built in 84 (one of 2 hot air car years), I jumped on it! In my mind, it is, and always will be, a "hot" air car. Besides, the dash placque says "Hot Air" so I MUST be correct.
Conrad

ps...Eric, there must be something more important for you to worry about!

where does it say hotair in the car may i ask? i have a 84 myself but all i have ever done to it was rip the motor out and order some parts now its been sitting in a garage for a year :( i wish i could find a turbo to get it back running

Conrad "Hot Air" had to rub it in and sent me a picture of his new tag:rolleyes:

Attachments

• conrads_tag.jpg
    conrads_tag.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 97