Hot Rod tv and the used up GN...

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
I managed to get thru watching the episode on the GN. :sick:
Ported heads, roller cam, headers, and who knows what else.....A 14 sec time slip? {Saw the Holley coils}.
That, and that squeaky voice, along with the dumbdown dude's commentary, were about all one could stand.
That wasn't bad enough.. The turbo'd LS/Camaro and the mid 11's at 18psi??

Give us a break!

I believe that was/is a hot air T-Type. Then they converted it to an intercooled set up and built is as you described.

That car was the least expensive turbo Buick that Hot Rod could find in the USA (no kidding). They picked it up several years ago & did a few shows with it (and a previous host Tony who is now a YouTuber for Hagerty). They have never had good luck with it, but they did save it from totally rotting away.

The new host Alex (racer girl) is good people (I met her at the SEMA show this year), and Lucky (the other host) is a really good & smart guy (just give them a chance). Remember the show is a bit dumbed down for the average consumer. People with car smarts (that's you Chuck!) just need to watch for the fun of having something to see that is not ball sports. They will get that car to run. It will just take a season or more. Look up the Savoy Alex built with help from her father & Lucky. Its a serious weapon.

Back in the day when Speedvision was around ('member that?) the car shows were a bit more detailed. These days just having any car show that has cool projects (like a turbo Buick) on is a bonus.

I watched Hotrod Garage a week or so ago when that episode was on. :sick::sick::sick:
Thats the First time watching the show and I have to say It was awful. I felt stupider after watching it.
No excuse for that. The information was bad, Luckys diag skills are a joke and the girl is just there for T&A. Was't entertaining one bit. And racing at the track with a car leaking oil that bad is a joke. Makes the cars look like real shit. Thats it.
Wasn't entertaining in the very least. I'm sure they are nice people but their show sucks.
I'm sure Cruz sent those parts there for the advertising/Plugs and they really only mentioned him once If I remember correctly.
enough said.