Hot Rod Power Tour is coming through TX. Anyone going?

Ill be going from Houston (my hometown) to OKC.
Brandon..are you the tall guy i met at Coffee&Cars? You were parked next to Vic, and Omar?? Anyway..David it be nice to see you again . We met atthe Tx. Nats last year. Hotrawd..we met at the Nats also. It will nice to see you as well. We should schedule a meet n greet on the morning of. I think it would cool to have pack of TRs. And the help/knowledge if needed.
James-

Nope that wasn't me at Cars & Coffee, I actually haven't ever been to one of those meets yet. A meet n greet is a great idea.

I see the stop will be in Grand Prairie at traders village. It will be Tues the so I will probably be working during the day if the current bid holds. Anyone interested in a gtg in the evening, maybe some texmex at a local place hamburgers or something send me a pm and ill get my number to you and we will meet up.
Ineedagn will probably be in, anyone else?

I'll be making Gonzales, LA on Saturday and back to Dallas at least. Not sure if I'll make OKC and KS. ?

Wow! Gonzales, LA?? I live 20 minutes from there and hopefully my car will be sorted out by then! So I may be able make a short leg (have to check my schedule to see how it pans out though). As I have family vacation planned right around then as well. However, I would love to at least see this thing kick off!!!

Last edited:
Driving back in to the Dallas area on the 14th, I'll check in at the venue since I'm long hauling but that day is my 31st wedding anniversary so I'll be spending that day/evening with my wife before meeting up the next morning to go to OKC.

There is a GTG at No Problem Raceway in LA. on Saturday night, its about 35 minutes from the venue.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm out. Getting tired of everything that gets in the way.

Been there... that was me a couple of years ago and I missed the Tour when it started here. We'll fly the Buick flag for you.

I remember... We can all meet up at the venue that day in Baytown and either get together for dinner that evening or breakfast the next morning before we head out. Since Houston is your hometown you pick the place dinner or breakfast is okay with me.
QK.. Took a road trip this morning to Baytown, so I could check out the area for the GTG on Sunday June 12. I've decided on Texas Roadhouse (steaks, burgers, chicken, beer) 6615 Garth Rd. Baytown, Tx. 77521 (281) 421-3060 . The restaurant is 16 minutes from the venue (Royal Purple Raceway), centrally located amongst the hotels along Interstate 10, and 2 blocks off the interstate. The restaurant is flanked off to the side of San Jacinto Mall, so there is a large parking area, and security was active in the 10 minutes I was there this morning. So I say 7pm in the Mall parking lot just next to the restaurant. Texas Roadhouse (Baytown, Tx) .

Text me if you need to. 832- 518- 7324 James-

I plan on coming out to the Baytown event but the motor is out of my car so I won't be driving that.

Getting close....everyone ready? Im scrambling to get my windows and doors adjusted after new weatherstripping install.
Is anyone interested in travelling together?? Trading phone numbers, etc???

I will probably have the ugliest, most ill prepared car there. However, I'm planning on doing the first day or two nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me! lol Cell 214 629 7429 86 GN "FAST 86" You can't miss it when I fly by. lol

I have your number in my phone. I will call Friday evening to touch base. I will be at the RedRoof Inn in Baton Rouge on Friday night.
Seedling...there are a few of us starting in BR. My number (James) and Davids number are posted in this thread. Call or text and we can travel and support each other ,if needed. Looking forward to meeting you.

Any of you guys have an extra fan motor for intrepid fans? Pm me if so

Bought brand new oem motors and I'm still pretty sure that's what's wrong with the drivers side motor.

Baytown sounds promising for supper

btw guys I'm carrying a shitload of spare lc2 parts if anyone needs something. Just not carrying a fan motor lol. Pm me if needed

I have your number in my phone. I will call Friday evening to touch base. I will be at the RedRoof Inn in Baton Rouge on Friday night.
Seedling...there are a few of us starting in BR. My number (James) and Davids number are posted in this thread. Call or text and we can travel and support each other ,if needed. Looking forward to meeting you.

Thanks man! Sorry so late responding, but, when I tell you last minute still working on it, I kid you not! Three or four times this week I almost threw in the towel! However, I think o have almost all of my kinks worked out!

Matter of fact, just got through putting new compressor and dryer tonight, so we could have a little AC on HRPT!! <<My car sat up for 8/9 years because the compressor froze up!>> So today was an epic turning point!

If it wasn't so late I'd text or call you or David tonight! But, it's 11:30 so here's my number 225-939-7715 I have to clean up the car in the am then I'm heading your way! Can't wait to meet everyone! I love these cars, so meeting fellow TB owners is even more exciting than HRPT! This is gonna be a blast!!

Oh sorry, it's Phillip 225-939-7715

Thanks!!

Pm'd INEEDAGN, JAMCAR223, and fast86gn my number so we can meet up tomorrow! Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Thanks!