Hot Rod Power Tour 2012 Anyone going?

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
Planning on catching up with the Tour in Miami, OK and making the trek back home to Texas. Anyone else going?

Would like to hook up with other TR's on the tour.

David, I will most likely be doing this too. We can meet up and roll together. It would be cool to get a nice group of Turbo Buicks representing.

David, I will most likely be doing this too. We can meet up and roll together. It would be cool to get a nice group of Turbo Buicks representing.

Sounds good to me. Planning on leaving DFW on June 5th. Staying in Grove, OK for two nights. The tour will be rolling into Miami on the evening of the 6th. Miami was sold out on rooms, Grove is 18 miles away. On to Stillwater on the morning of the 7th and on the 8th back to Texas.

I have reservations at the Stonebrook Inn in Grove and the Stillwater Plaza in Stillwater. I suggest you make reservations now.

ph# if you need them?

Stonebrook Inn in Grove, OK 1-877-868-9799

Stillwater Plaza Stillwater, OK 1-405-377-7010

I know GNGal will be there and if (God willing) I can get my car together I will do the stillwater to DFW run myself. Paint won't be done and interior won't look great but what the heck.:biggrin:

Power tour, nah.

But Drag Week? YES!!!!

For you texas guys, it's coming local. its starting in tulsa, going to ennis, tx. Then to lousianna, then to memphis & back to tulsa.

I'd hope more TRs do DW this year since we're going to be more southern.

Me and my Dad are doing the Long Haul. Dad with a T-type, me with a GN. NEVER driven the buick this far before hope all goes well. We are coming from Toronto, so the ride home will be a long one. Cant wait though been wanting to do this for a long time

Me and my Dad are doing the Long Haul. Dad with a T-type, me with a GN. NEVER driven the buick this far before hope all goes well. We are coming from Toronto, so the ride home will be a long one. Cant wait though been wanting to do this for a long time

Now that is a long haul! From Toronto to Texas damn! Be sure to look me up and say hello. TX plates "FAST 86"

I will be there from Detroit to Champaigne. I went on last years tour from Nashville to Muskegon.

The Turbo Farm West crew will be doing the Power Tour once again! Not sure of our exact route but we may be doing the long haul this year. We had one TFW member do the long haul last year and we caught up with him half way.

I've done the Tour 5 times now and it's always a great time! After a few years, you'll figure out how to do it so you can enjoy every aspect of it. Most of the time, you wont get to see much of the show if you follow the Tour because you'll get to the destination late. Sometimes its best to take a couple of the days off from following the Tour and shoot down the interstate so you can see all of the cars roll in, hit up vendors, see celebs, etc.

Either way, its a blast! ----Jeremy

Jeremy

How did that long hauler trip end? Didn't he have a little issue on the way home? I hope to see you guys again this year on the tour.

The Turbo Farm West crew will be doing the Power Tour once again! Not sure of our exact route but we may be doing the long haul this year. We had one TFW member do the long haul last year and we caught up with him half way.

I've done the Tour 5 times now and it's always a great time! After a few years, you'll figure out how to do it so you can enjoy every aspect of it. Most of the time, you wont get to see much of the show if you follow the Tour because you'll get to the destination late. Sometimes its best to take a couple of the days off from following the Tour and shoot down the interstate so you can see all of the cars roll in, hit up vendors, see celebs, etc.

Either way, its a blast! ----Jeremy

I went in '03 and '08 and that happened a few times not getting to the next venue late and you miss everything. But also the cruise along the way is half the fun. Also most stops have good local flavor, whether it's local hangouts or street cruising.

Topeka, KS in '08 was a blast most of the motels were on the local cruising strip in town this brought back memories from my very much younger days. :) It went on for about 4 hours or so before local PD came in and shut everything down. It looked like cruising in American Graffiti. People were lined up in there lawn chairs up and down the strip, parking lots full everywhere. Best time I have had on a PT.

Jeremy

How did that long hauler trip end? Didn't he have a little issue on the way home? I hope to see you guys again this year on the tour.

Austin made out ok after he wrapped his fuel lines. The way he had them routed caused them to heat soak when they went above the exhaust manifold. I have to give it to him though, he drives the piss out of his car and we literally just slapped it back together to get it running for the tour, then a 14 hour drive to Cocoa Beach, he has no fear thats for sure! ----Jeremy

I went in '03 and '08 and that happened a few times not getting to the next venue late and you miss everything. But also the cruise along the way is half the fun. Also most stops have good local flavor, whether it's local hangouts or street cruising.

Topeka, KS in '08 was a blast most of the motels were on the local cruising strip in town this brought back memories from my very much younger days. :) It went on for about 4 hours or so before local PD came in and shut everything down. It looked like cruising in American Graffiti. People were lined up in there lawn chairs up and down the strip, parking lots full everywhere. Best time I have had on a PT.

Yeah we usually follow the tour for the most part. To me thats the funnest part of it really. But, we usually take a couple days to shoot down to the event so we can participate there as well. It becomes a balance. It really also depends on how hot it is out, sometimes it's best to stay in your car and ride out the tour if you have A/C.

A few years ago, I got totally sunburned and had an alergic reaction to the sun screen. It was super hot and i was riding with Austin with no A/C. I rode for one whole day in blistering heat with a beach towel completely covering me. It was miserable to say the least!

The Power Tour really tests your car, your patients, and your friendships. Some of us TFW crew end up getting into it pretty good after all the stress of traffic, heat, poop breaks, getting lost, hotel reservations, time constraints, etc. It's not an easy little vacation, there's a whole lot more to it than just driving. But, in the end, it's totally worth it!!!:tongue:

Looks like I am in for sure. Can't wait to meet all of you that are going.
Planning to meet up with some buddies in Arlington to cruise to OK with - maybe we can all sync up (they are bringing their Lincolns)

Scott, there will be several TR's leaving the DFW area on Tuesday the 5th going up to Miami, if you can leave then? Or are you long hauling?

Sounds good David - that should work. I am driving up to Plano on the 4th to meet with my buddy John. We were planning on getting out on the 5th too so we can probably hook up and caravan out. I think our hotel that night is out in Joplin.

Vic and I will be heading up to Miami, OK early morning of the 6th to catchup to everyone, I think Vic is driving his blue D84 and I'll be in the GN, we are probably meeting up at the intersection of 380 and 75 in Sherman, time TBD, to head up since I'm in FTW and he's east of Dallas if anyone else wants to caravan up the morning of the 6th.