Hot air hopes are now finished

Toby, hope you change your mind and keep it hotair. Like said above take a break from the car, youll be ok.

taking a car far beyond its designed limits and keeping a 30 year old car relevant has risk and rewards.
being discouraged and the end of a long road happens to all of us.
I for one would not trade a minute I spent bleeding, sweating, and wrenching. all of it seems to be time well spent when you here things like " that is a neat car" " you have to go check out the hot air car over there" " your car is impressive no way I would have thought it was a hot air". all I have heard from inter cooled owners.
just owning a turbo regal is different.
with whatever you choose to do with your car I would imagine your efforts will recognized as they should be.
Thank you for being bold enough, spend time, and money to advance the capabilities of the hot air turbo Buick. I have a copy of the 6262 hotair turbo after seeing your posts.
Good luck and have fun
Robert

2 of my cars i converted .my TSM car and my wifes blue car.here is a list i saved

Convert HA car to IC car- Conversion parts list
All front engine accessory brackets with pulleys and belt tensioner
Complete intake with all sensors
1987 ignition module, coil, and all wiring for it
1987 hard metal heater lines on top of intake
1987 throttle body
1987 throttle cable
1987 MAF with air intake tube and air box
1987 detent cable
Downpipe
1987 catalytic converter
Drivers side oil fill neck
Passenger side header
Passenger side valve cover with vent tube
1987 transmission dipstick and tube
1987 heater core
1987 alternator, ac compressor, power steering pump with remote reservoir
A/C lines
1987 radiator hold down
1987 radiator
Oil cooler lines
Main engine wiring harness
1987 fuel lines
Intercooler with all brackets
Intercooler fan
Intercooler piping
Intercooler scoop
1987 air dams and deflector
1987 Turbo
Turbo brackets and heat shield
Turbo oil feed and return lines
Electric fans
All hardware including any nuts, bolts, or fasteners needed
i relocated the fuel filter by the tank

I got everything converted. Guys what I was looking to do with my car could not be achieved with the amount of sources on the market currently. I wanted to stay hot air, but the fear of blowing something up due to KR was making life with the TR very painful. I watched my IAT go from 145* spraying alky hot air, to 65* intercooled air. I have not seen one degree of KR. The pull, the power of this thing is tremendous, actually scary. I went from 30 mph to 70 mph in less than 3.5 seconds yesterday with the tires starting to let loose. I thought through all the best parts, the resources I had etc I could get to this point hot air....nope. So I wanted to put a finale post to the thread. I will always help all the hot air guys out there as much as I can, as this was my first adventure

Impressed? I'd say frightened lol.

Attachments

• 20150726_160515.jpg
    20150726_160515.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 145
That's SICK!!! (y) I heard from a local guy that works on GNs, that the heater box has to be changed also, is that true. He basically told me it's more trouble than it's worth. How did you do yours? Is that a whole different engine or did you just piece together everything? What was the cost? I would love to do this but being on disability my money is limited right now:greedy:

man Im not going to kid you. It was expensive to do right. I didnt spare any pieces to be replaced and went with the best quality parts because I am NOT doing this again. The base engine is all the same, meaning the rotating assy, the heads, part of the exhaust. All other items were changed out. Completely new harnesses, intake, exhaust pass header, DP, turbo, pulleys, complete ac system, intercooler, plenum, TB, sensors. The AC box DOES NOT need changed out unless its from an NA car.

When I can afford to buy a go pro or have someone hold a phone video the car I will. Right now, you cannot safely tape with one hand and drive.

I am glad that you are happy with your setup. You have pretty much used ALL of the best parts money can buy. I think you have achieved the goal all of us have wanted to achieve. Hurry up and get some SEAT time and LEARN your car... I understand the fact that the car is SO POWERFUL now. I am sure you can find SOMEONE to hold a phone :). Congrats again. I am planning on intercooling my car, just not the way you did. I am a little thrifty and I am going to use Stock Hot Air configuration.. NorCalTurbos, we are in the same boat, I am pending a lawsuit and I am counting my pennies.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1427897530.721773.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1427897530.721773.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 90